Chapter 27

Adhyayan was perplexed as Anvesha did not receive the call and switched her cellphone off. He wondered if everything was fine with her or not.

He was unknowingly getting uneasy feelings. He tossed and turned on his bed the whole night and could not sleep at all.

Getting up in the morning, the first thing Adhyayan had in mind was he had to talk to Anvesha. Groggily, he opened his eyes and dialed her number and ultimately relaxed to see the phone rang.

Anvesha, on the other hand, had slept crying. Her eyes were red and her admirable face was stained with tears. Waking up from her sleep, she had switched on her cellphone and mentally planned to talk to Adhyayan realizing he had called her the previous night.

She was indeed, feeling edgy and she knew talking to Adhyayan was essential. Meeting that disgusting man again, Anvesha did not want to repeat the same mistake in her life again.

Anvesha was sitting on the bed fidgeting with her phone when Adhyayan had called her. Without wasting a second, she received the call.

“Hey, Good morning dear”, Adhyayan said chirpily trying to sound as calm as he could feign. In reality, thousands of thoughts were running in his mind and he was unable to decipher the cause of his worries.

“Morning”, Anvesha answered groggily. She was never good at camouflaging her emotions and she did not even try this time. She appeared to be a headstrong woman and she was indeed, one in reality but she was a complete marshmallow when it was about her emotions.

“Hey, what happened?” Adhyayan questioned in a gentle voice laced with pure concern. For once, his heart wretched as he felt something bad had happened.

Anvesha broke down this time. Muffling her sobs, she tried to compose herself as fresh tears trickled down from her eyes early in the morning.

She did not speak at once and was about to disconnect the phone when Adhyayan spoke, “Are you crying?”

Getting concerned as he did not receive any answer from the other side, Adhyayan asked again, “Are you fine, Precious?”

Anvesha sighed as she said, “Adhyayan… I am not…. fine.” She was trying hard not to sob. She got up and gulped down a glass of water mentally sympathizing with herself.

“Would you like to share?” Adhyayan asked her choosing his words wisely. He realized something was terribly wrong with his girlfriend but he was skeptical if she actually wanted to share her turmoil or not. His heart broke realizing the innocent soul was crying hard.

“Adhyayan, I had a terrible encounter with my ex”, Anvesha said in one go taking a deep breath. She sniffled and wiped her tears, scrunching her nose as she let out a hiccup trying to compose herself.

Adhyayan’s blood boiled for once not because Anvesha had told him about her past relationship but because a guy had brought tears in the enticing icy blue eyes of jovial Anvesha.

He did not want to speculate what had happened. He sprang from his bed and paced furiously in his room. He was terrified as he analyzed the possibilities of tears in the eyes of his Anvesha.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Adhyayan asked calmly.

“Yes”, Anvesha answered as she nodded involuntarily. Wiping her tears she stood from her bed and said, “Adhyayan, I am free today. Can you pick me up from the airport? I want to talk about it.”

Adhyayan sighed as he heard Anvesha. He was concerned about her well-being for now. Calmly, he said, “Message me the details, I will pick you up.”