Chapter 55

Adhyayan’s parents were clearly offended with the remark of Anvesha’s father but they waited for Anvesha to react. They were well-aware that it was Anvesha who needed time, not their son.

Anvesha, on the other hand, could not take it anymore when she saw her parents throwing accusatory glares at her adorable boyfriend. She said, “Papa, umm… actually, I need some time. I am at the peak of my career and I cannot afford getting married right now.”

Hariprakash Joshi was offended for once as he believed in his upbringing and he knew Adhyayan would support Anvesha as well as her career but before he could assure Anvesha for the same, his wife whispered to him, “Hari, she is just twenty-five. Every girl has inhibitions about the responsibilities that come with marriage. She needs time to get acquainted to everything, Adhyayan has told me.”

Hariprakash Joshi understood his wife’s point of view and nodded as he chose to keep quiet but Debraj Chatterjee was getting irrational.

“You certainly are comfortable with loitering around and dating him but marriage scares you, right”, spoke Debraj Chatterjee disgustingly getting appalled at his daughter. He had certainly not taught his kids to run away from responsibilities and commitments. He was aghast as he felt his daughter had let him down.

Anvesha felt ashamed at her father’s remark. Though said harshly, her father had indeed, spoken the truth. She took a deep breath as she tried to give reason for her decision but she could not find words after her father spoke disgraceful words to her.

Adhyayan, on the other hand, respected Anvesha and her views. His heart bled when he realized Anvesha was getting reprimanded. Having being in relationship with Anvesha for about eight months, he had realized Anvesha was afraid with the idea of marriage because of few presumed notions.

He had assured her about sharing their responsibilities directly and indirectly at previous instances. Being a mature one in their relationship, he also knew that getting married would not change Anvesha’s life anyhow because they were going to have a nuclear family comprising of each other. Even if he would have been staying with his parents, Adhyayan knew they would have prioritized Anvesha’s career and her happiness.

However, he valued Anvesha and her views so he had chosen not to argue in this regard. He could understand her inhibitions about family, responsibilities and kids. He had also realized her passion for her career and he did not want her to sacrifice her dreams for the sake of marriage. He could wait till eternity to have Anvesha in his life so waiting for a year or two was completely fine for him.

Pressuring his mind to come up with a convincing reason as Anvesha was unbelievably quiet, Adhyayan sighed and spoke, “Uncle, with marriage comes responsibilities. She might need to apply for some leaves too. I have my own business so I can manage but she is recently promoted and it is not convenient for her to apply for many leaves. She has worked really hard for her career. I don’t want her to forgo her dreams. Marriage can surely wait.”

Madhu smiled with admiration at Adhyayan while his parents beamed with pride. Anvesha had hung her head low though she realized, Adhyayan was indeed, a gem. Debraj Chatterjee could not help but agree.

He smiled as he said, “Young man, you have power to convince everyone”, looking at Adhyayan who gave an assuring smile in return.

“Anvesha, he is the best for you”, Debraj Chatterjee said to his daughter looking at his future son-in-law with admiration in his eyes.

“You could have told us, Anu. I am approving this relationship only because of Adhyayan but I am disappointed in you, Anvesha”, Debraj Chatterjee continued glaring at his daughter.

Before Anvesha could speak anything, Adhyayan chimed in, “Uncle, she is a gem for me. You need to trust your upbringing. We would never let you down and we would definitely marry so you need not worry.”

Debraj Chatterjee truly had concerns as he believed that relationships without the commitment of marriage vows turns sour over time. He did not want his daughter to cry over a broken relationship and hence, he wanted to hasten their wedding but Adhyayan’s words calmed his nerves.

Mr. Hariprakash Joshi realized that Adhyayan and Anvesha were truly made for each other as they both complemented each other wonderfully. Smiling at everyone, he said, “Debraj ji, your daughter is a gem and just perfect for our son. When shall we get them engaged?”

Anvesha smiled sheepishly and even before her father could speak anything, Adhyayan chimed in enthusiastically, “How about now, right at this moment?”, while everyone looked at him with suspicion in their eyes.

“Are you mad?” Lakshmi spoke scrunching her nose while Madhu said, “What about all the preparations?” looking at him wide-eyed.

“Your sister and her brother are also not here. Engagement is a marriage function which involves guests.” Mr. Joshi spoke shockingly while Mr. Chatterjee completed him as he said, “And rings too, you dunderheads”.

Adhyayan smiled looking at the newly developed bonding in their parents as he smiled coyly and said, “Umm… actually, when you all told that you were coming this week so we both went for shopping and purchased rings for ourselves”.

Anvesha could not suppress her laughter and a giggle escaped from her lips. To reduce the awkwardness and wipe out the shock from the faces of their parents, she said, “Last Sunday, we visited the jewelry shop.”

“We can connect with Hruday and Parisa over Skype and we want to exchange the rings with your blessings”, Adhyayan spoke.

“Both of you are so spontaneous. Please inform us a month before your wedding, we will need time to make preparations.” Mr. Joshi said trying to sound strict but failed miserably.

Mr. Chatterjee nodded disapprovingly at both of them but said, “Go ahead and please consider the words of Hariprakash ji in future”.

The couple smiled lovingly looking at each other while their mothers gleefully connected their siblings digitally. Their parents were indeed, happy for them. Hruday was sitting in his office while Parisa was surrounded by her books when their mothers informed about the engagement. Both Hruday and Parisa were astounded and annoyed for not being physically present but nevertheless, they were happy for the adorable couple.

Anvesha shoved her hand inside her tote and found the beautiful white colored ring case that contained a glistening diamond ring with a simple yet, elegant design. Adhyayan went inside his bedroom and brought the exquisite solitaire ring for his fiancée.

With smile on their faces and love in their eyes, the adorable couple promised to support each other in all ups and downs of their lives as they exchanged their rings while everyone cheered for them.

The spontaneous engagement ceremony was followed by an elaborated feast. Adhyayan cooked his signature biryani on special demand from his to-be mother-in-law along with the other dishes while Anvesha helped him in the kitchen. 

Both the Chatterjees and Joshis enjoyed the scrumptious dinner along with pleasing conversations over the dinner table.

It was indeed, not a distinguished event with a plethora of guests along with pomp and show but their engagement was truly an impeccable moment of their lives that Anvesha and Adhyayan wanted to cherish for their lifetime.

❤❤❤

Hello everyone

Happy Rakshabhandan 👫

So finally my adorable couple is engaged in the most beautiful way. 💍 😍

Hopefully you liked this 😍😍😍

Thank you for your support. 🌼🌼

Shower your love on this story with your valuable votes and lovely comments ♥️💙♥️💙♥️

Love you all
💜