Chapter 59

"Hurry up, Anu", Madhu scoffed. The old lady was really contented that finally her daughter was getting married but at the same time she was disappointed at the sudden marriage. A wave of nostalgia hit her as she remembered the day Anvesha was born twenty-nine years ago. Never had she thought that her daughter would grow up so quickly.

"Nothing is done, Papa, I repeat, nothing", Hruday announced as soon as he entered the house. The elder brother who had dreamt of a lavish wedding for his baby sister was pissed off when Anvesha had dropped the bomb suddenly leaving no room for elaborate arrangements.

Debraj, on the other hand, just chuckled as he said, "Hruday, she is getting married finally and I am happy that my daughter has planned her dream wedding as she wants."

Clad in a purple silk sari, Anamika came out all decked up for her sister-in-law's special day when she overheard the conversation. Chuckling, she chimed in dreamily, "Hruday, this impromptu wedding is just fantastic so go and get ready."

Looking at his wife adoringly, Hruday mumbled, "Says the one who wanted a beach wedding”, as he rushed to get ready.

Controlling his laughter, Debraj coaxed his son, "Dear, things will be done by the time we reach there so you get ready."

Anvesha, on the other hand, was on cloud nine as she got ready for her marriage. She was getting married to the love of her life, her Mr. Haughty Shoes who looked adorable when angry. She was waiting to be the wife of the celebrity chef, Mr. Adhyayan Joshi, whom she adored more than her life.

Clad in a bright red bridal Kanjeevaram sari, the radiant bride was indeed, looking remarkable. With her curly locks tied into a neat bun and a loose strand embellishing her face, Anvesha indeed looked flawless. She smiled looking at the reflection of the ecstatic girl in the mirror as she wore her ancestral gold jewelry. With red and golden bangles embellishing her henna-clad hands, Anvesha was truly a simple yet, regal bride. As soon as her parents entered the room, her gorgeous face turned crimson as she smiled shyly.

"I still remember the day when I held you in my arms. My little daughter is grown up so beautifully. God bless you." Debraj said smiling at his daughter as he controlled his tears of happiness and planted a kiss on his daughter's forehead.

Madhu, on the other hand, admired the father-daughter duo as she admired her gorgeous daughter decked up as a breathtaking bride. She couldn't find words to speak so she just hugged her daughter and blessed her.

On the other hand, the Joshis at Adhyayan’s place were getting frantic. Hariprakash, who was annoyed at his son for the sudden announcement of the wedding was looking after the arrangements when his son came up.

Clad in a subtle maroon kurta-pyjama, the celebrity chef was indeed, looking mesmerizing. He chuckled looking at his father while his mother commented, "Adhyayan, my boy, you are looking handsome. Your bride won't be able to take off her eyes from you."

Adhyayan scratched the back of his neck as he blushed at the remark when his mother's words grabbed his attention, "Don't hurt her ever or I will beat you black and blue."

Smiling at his mother, he said, "Mummy, I will never hurt Anvesha and remember, soon you will be beating your grandkids black and blue". Having said this, he scurried away in the direction of his father leaving his mother laughing at her excited son.

Clad in a yellow suit, Parisa whined at her brother, "Why could not you have a big fat wedding? I wanted to dance in your wedding."

Hariprakash joined his daughter as he complained, "Why could not you inform us at least a month ago?"

Adhyayan just chuckled as he winked and said, "It is our wedding and we wanted it this way. A simple registrar marriage followed by offering food to the underprivileged is what we wanted."