Chapter 36

“Anvesha ma’am, please listen to bhaiya once”, Parisa said in a hushed tone as she ushered Anvesha to the balcony of her room. Anvesha, who was captivated by the serene view of the Mussoorie hills which were clearly visible from the first floor of the house, was dumbstruck at once.

Anvesha gave a sheepish smile as she sat on one of the round outdoor bamboo chairs arranged sophistically in the balcony amongst the potted plants. She smiled looking at the sweet girl who sat in front of her nervously.

“You father said you are a single child”, Anvesha spoke a matter of fact as she was infuriated at the defence officer.

“Ma’am, I know you are in rela... umm... good terms with my brother, Adhyayan Joshi”, Parisa said with her head bowed down as she fidgeted with her fingers.

Anvesha smiled looking at her nervousness and admired the common character trait between the brother and sister of fidgeting their fingers whenever they are nervous. Adhyayan had informed Anvesha that he had told his sister about them dating each other so she was not surprised for once. She was anticipating something like this to happen when Parisa had asked to talk to her.

Anvesha scoffed as she could not stop but ask, “Why did your father say that on the dining table?”

Parisa took a deep breath as she stood up leaning on the railings of her balcony as she could not meet the eyes of the sensible lady who was sitting with her. She sighed as she said, “Trust me, I want to tell you everything but it is not my place to speak. Bhaiya will tell you everything.”

Anvesha let out an exasperated sigh wondering that it was high time for her to speak to Adhyayan, her adorable boyfriend who was fighting with his own demons all alone. She was curious to know everything but she realized Parisa was a hard nut to crack.

Parisa bit her lower lip nervously as she realized she got nervous looking at Anvesha who was silent all the time. She could not contemplate if she should say or not but she decided to speak her heart.

Taking a deep breath, Parisa said, “Papa disliked my brother’s decision of choosing his career. Rest he will tell you in detail, even I was a small kid back then.”

Anvesha smiled realizing the age gap between the brother and sister as she stood up from the chair walking towards Parisa. Standing beside her, she asked, “Are you happy with the career your father had chosen for you?”

Parisa chuckled as she said, “Well! It is my choice. I was fascinated with fighter planes since childhood. I genuinely want to be an Indian Air Force pilot.”

Anvesha had a hearty laugh at her innocent reply though her heart craved to share Adhyayan’s sorrows when Parisa chimed in, “I would have followed my brother’s footsteps if that was not the case”.

Anvesha could not stop herself and asked, “Are both father and son not in talking terms?”, choosing her words wisely though she felt she was invading in the family matters of the Joshis.

“Well! Bhaiya left the house six years ago. After that mom was in touch with him until one day dad found out. It was followed by a huge fight. Since then I have seen mom crying all alone at times but she never went against papa and called bhaiya again”, Parisa said as she remembered the altercation of her parents two years ago. She could understand her mother’s pain but she could not voice out her opinions in front of her strict father.

Anvesha sighed realizing the complications in the Joshi family. Getting perplexed, she asked, “Adhyayan talks a lot about you. How come you are in touch with him?”

“I got my mobile two years ago. Secretly I stole my brother’s contact from my mother’s phone and got in touch with him. Papa does not know it and I can’t tell him.” Parisa confessed the truth while Anvesha made up her mind to sort out the things.

Anvesha surely was not aware about what the actual problems were in Joshi family. She also did not know how would she sort out their issues but she was adamant to make everything right. No doubts, she had to do that after all, she was madly in love with Adhyayan.

“That’s really dangerous, miss”, Anvesha said on a lighter note to ease the tensed atmosphere while she smiled at Parisa. Taking a deep breath, she said, “You are an adorable sister to him”.

Parisa smiled as she said, “He loves you a lot. Thank you for adding colors to his life. He had shut himself in the past and was just slogging day and night to achieve success. Thank you for bringing my old brother back.” She was speaking the truth. She was really grateful to Anvesha for teaching Adhyayan to smile which he had indeed, forgotten over the years.

“I think it is time to make things right”, Anvesha mumbled to herself in a low voice as she turned crimson when Parisa praised her. She was missing Adhyayan, his raspy voice, his amazing style, his care, his love, his supportive nature and his delicious food. She felt guilty for not giving him a chance to explain about things between him and Sarah. She realized Adhyayan’s annoyance was acceptable when he got to know that she was visiting his father especially when she had witnessed the attitude of Mr. Hariprakash Joshi.

“Well! You know for the first time in these six years my father felt bad for my brother. Today, he stiffened, he softened and then he quickly masked his emotions on the dining table as he saw mom was at the verge of breaking down. You brought emotions on his emotionless face. You compelled him to think. Though he made a mistake saying all that yet, he longed for my brother today. Thank you”, Parisa said smiling towards Anvesha with hopeful eyes as both the girls hugged each other.

Anvesha stroked the hair of her boyfriend’s little sister as she said, “Don’t worry, I will make everything right. I don’t know how, but I will try my best.”

The girls exchanged their phone numbers when Anvesha realized it was time to go. With hope in her eyes and smile on her face, Parisa bade farewell to Anvesha who was going to leave for the hotel. She was beyond happy for her brother who had indeed, found a gem for him. She was disappointed in her father but she hoped for everything getting back on track soon.

With her head held high and her strong resolve to sort out everything, she hailed the cab for going back to the accommodation arranged by her channel for her. On the way back, Anvesha texted Adhyayan,

Sorry I had been insensitive. Can we meet once I am back?

Adhyayan, who was monitoring his staff during the rush hour of the evening, checked his phone which beeped a moment ago and a smile crept on his face as he read the most awaited message from his girlfriend. Immediately, he texted back,

Sorry, I had been a jerk too. We will meet when you return. I too want to talk to you.

Parisa, on the other hand, was beyond happy. She wanted to share her joy with her only brother but she contemplated if she should tell him about her conversation with his girlfriend or not. She had tried her best to control the damage done by her father. She knew Adhyayan would be heartbroken listening to the comment their father had passed on the dining table so she decided against sharing everything with her brother.

As soon as Adhyayan sent the message, Parisa called him. He received the call only to hear the chirping voice of his sister who said, “Bhaiya, she is a gem. Don’t lose her and make things fine between both of you.”

Adhyayan shook his head as he smiled and mumbled a ‘yes’. He purposely questioned his sister about the lunch but his sister did not give in much details. After a small talk, they disconnected the call.

Sitting in the cab and enjoying the cool breeze as the driver drove through Rajpur Road surrounding with lush eucalyptus trees, Anvesha opened Adhyayan’s text. Reading the text, a smile crept on Anvesha’s face too as she realized the one-week-long conflict between the lovebirds had finally ended.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

Hopefully you are doing well!

Do share your views on this story 💕

I will be updating soon till then enjoy your day and bestow your love on this story with your valuable votes and lovely comments. 😍

Love you all
💜