Chapter 28

As soon as Anvesha saw Adhyayan waiting for her at the airport, she ran into his arms as tears trickled down from her eyes. Adhyayan stiffened looking at the pale Anvesha clad in a royal blue top and a white long skirt crying hard resting her head on his chest. He engulfed her in his big, strong arms and consoled her drawing patterns on her back but Anvesha’s turmoil had no end.

Reyansh, the junior of Anvesha was dumbfounded looking at Anvesha who was crying bitterly. Adhyayan glanced at the crowd looking at them strangely squinting their eyes. Never in his life had Adhyayan liked gaining attention from the public, but today it was not even a concern. The only distress was Anvesha’s tears and her sorrow.

Reyansh, who had stopped in his tracks, could not understand things for a minute. Adhyayan raised his right brow towards him and Reyansh realized he was being looking at them suspiciously. He went towards them and said, “Sir, I don’t know she seemed upset.”

Reyansh’s voice brought Anvesha to reality. She realized she was in public and she had to be strong. Adhyayan nodded while Anvesha released herself from Adhyayan’s grip, wiped her tears and said, “Reyansh, I am okay. Enjoy your Sunday and thanks for your help.”

Reyansh was shocked for a moment because as far as he knew he did nothing to help her senior. Still he nodded with a small smile and said, “It’s okay ma’am. Take care”. Having said these words, he left making up his mind to not tell anyone about the outburst of Anvesha.

Adhyayan smiled at her picking up her luggage and asked, “Are you better?”

Anvesha nodded and murmured, “I am sorry for creating a scene”, as she tried to muffle her cries.

“Hey, it is okay”, Adhyayan said caressing her cheeks, wiping her tears and continued, “Let’s go”.

Leading Anvesha towards his car, Adhyayan kept her luggage in the trunk of the car and opened the passenger’s door for her to sit.

Anvesha sat and Adhyayan too ignited the car’s engine when Anvesha said, “Adhyayan, I want to talk about it. I am terrified. Take me at a place where there is solace, with just me and you.”

Adhyayan huffed as his subconscious realized Anvesha was indeed, vulnerable. He was skeptical, where to take her when he realized his penthouse was the best place to talk without anyone noticing them. He knew both of them were well-known to the public and Anvesha’s vulnerability could lead to gossips in the public.

Amidst his apprehensions, Adhyayan asked, “How about my place?”

Anvesha nodded in affirmation and he drove to his place which was a forty-five minutes’ drive from the airport. Adhyayan drove in utter silence stealing glances at horrified Anvesha who stared at the Delhi’s traffic outside the window. He was getting anxious as a plethora of pathetic thoughts crossed his mind but he calmed his emotions.

The silent drive came to an end as Adhyayan halted his black Sedan in the car parking of his housing society while Anvesha was in a trance. He nudged Anvesha and asked her to get down. He pitied her horrific state and wondered where was his bubby ‘little girl’ lost. A smile crept on his lips as he ushered her to his beautiful penthouse and speculated if she will like his abode or not.

Anvesha entered the beautiful penthouse with a lavish living room with a tanned leather couch and modern furniture. The house was comfortably furnished with all the modern amenities. The beige colored walls of the room were soothing to the eyes and indoor plants added serenity to the room. The spectacular modern art painting on one of the walls of the cozy yet, stunning living room was admirable. Anvesha was really impressed with the exquisite interiors of the living room of the house.

“You have a splendid taste”, she appreciated Adhyayan’s choice smiling coyly at him.

He chuckled and murmured a ‘thanks’. Insisting her to sit, he asked, “What would you like to have?”

Anvesha blurted, “You, and your time”, gesturing him to sit beside her leaving Adhyayan perplexed. She realized what she had said and mentally chided herself for being so blunt.

“Adhyayan, I want to talk and finish it out of my system”, Anvesha said looking at clueless Adhyayan who did not know how to react. Under normal circumstances, Adhyayan would have smirked and teased her upon her reply but he knew things were not normal.

Sitting beside Anvesha on the couch and holding her tender palms in his big hands, Adhyayan asked, “Are you sure?” making sure she was fine to share her issues.

Anvesha nodded in affirmation to which Adhyayan acknowledged. “I am all ears”, Adhyayan said caressing her palms with his thumbs.

“Adhyayan, it all started two years ago. I was twenty three, young and stupid”, Anvesha said trying to sound normal while Adhyayan caressed her shoulders and said, “It’s okay. It happens. You need not blame yourself”.

Anvesha smiled and said, “Don’t disturb me when I release my frustrations, please, otherwise, it will be really difficult for me to narrate things.”

“Hey, it’s okay. There is no hurry.” Adhyayan said as he hugged her from her side trying to calm the vulnerable Anvesha.

“It is needed. You should know.” Anvesha said. As Adhyayan opened his mouth to protest, Anvesha kept her long, slender finger on his lips and he nodded her to continue.

“I was working with 100TV and Vipin Khorana was my senior. I used to report to him. He was twenty eight, at that time I guess. I had a crush on him, his authoritative aura, his no-nonsense kind of attitude, dominating charisma and the genuineness he portrayed but little did I know, it was just a mirage.” Anvesha said looking into the dark brown eyes of Adhyayan who was shocked to hear everything.

He understood Anvesha was heart-broken with the betrayal but he wondered what was bothering her so much that she was crying and regretting her past.

Anvesha snuggled towards him and found solace hearing his heartbeat as she laid her head on his chest.

Adhyayan did not want to take any advantage of her situation and his body stiffened as his heart skipped a beat.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone
So, I am back with an update. 💖
I am really sorry, I couldn't update it earlier. 😔
I will be back soon till then enjoy the bliss of your life and shower your love on this story with plentiful votes and lovely comments. 😍 😍
Your comments and votes give me immense happiness 😉😉😉
Love you all
💜