Chapter 29

“I was getting driven towards the brilliant Vipin and he was enjoying that. We used to talk about work and initially he used to guide me. The way he shared the table over lunch with me in the canteen, made me feel special”, Anvesha continued as she looked up and his icy blue eyes met the dark brown ones of his.

He smiled at her and raked his fingers in her curly locks giving her the much-needed support.

An involuntary smile crept on the rose petals like lips of Anvesha as she told him further, “I was getting infatuated to his sincerity and he made the best use of my innocence. One fine day, he proposed me and I was over the moon. Happily I agreed to be his girlfriend entering into the first relationship of my life officially and did the biggest mistake in my life”.

Adhyayan felt bad for Anvesha not because she had a past relationship with a guy who betrayed her but because a vulture tried to play with her innocence. He knew it was more to it because he had never expected a headstrong girl to cry so vulnerably. He tried to calm her down engulfing her in his arms.

“Since then he began showing his true colors. He used to check my phone regularly and I avoided because I had nothing to hide. Once playfully I picked up his mobile and asked him to enter his password and he made a big deal about it screaming over me for not trusting him and that too, publically in a restaurant. I was devastated.” Anvesha narrated him leaving Adhyayan shocked.

He wondered Vipin had been judging Anvesha and her character who was as pure as the driven snow.

“Why didn’t you move out of the relationship?” Adhyayan couldn’t help himself but question her.

“He apologized and said he gets angry easily. I was too naïve to understand and I avoided the whole thing. I was so into him at that time and I regret that.” Anvesha confessed and Adhyayan tightened his hold over her.

“You know he pointed at my dressing sense and asked me to dress conservatively giving the reason his family was an orthodox one and I being stupid filled my wardrobe with his choice of clothes”, Anvesha told leaving Adhyayan aghast. He too had a sister and he could never accept a man judging a woman with her dressing sense. Moreover, Anvesha dressed up wonderfully and sensibly, he thought.

“You should have left him then and there”, Adhyayan said. Taking a deep breath, he continued, “You should live as you want. It was only you who adjusted in the relationship and it is called a compromise which is never good for a healthy relationship”.

“I agree but I told you, I was naïve enough to have planned my whole future with him. He used to make fuss over me talking to my male colleagues and I cocooned myself shutting my doors for everyone, even Nikhil. It was suffocating but his accusations followed by apologies with tears mellowed me down every time and you are right, I compromised at every step with him. He used to talk to his female colleagues putting restrictions on me”, Anvesha confessed and Adhyayan let out an exasperated sigh.

He realized what had happened was not right and he aimed at changing Anvesha’s experience in a relationship. He knew she was a gem and her ex-boyfriend had been a jerk losing her.

“Then he began pestering me to take the relationship at the next level but I was not ready and he blamed me for not trusting over me completely. I was terrified at his angry outburst with his bloodshot eyes. It was fearful. Thankfully he left me alone after venting out his anger.” Anvesha confessed with his icy blue eyes closed as she remembered the horrific night when Vipin had demanded her to kiss him after the dinner. She remembered she was clearly not ready for intimacy and he had tried to coerce her many a times. She had always denied him leaving him annoyed. His outbursts were getting tough for her to handle and she was feeling suffocated with him, she recalled.

Adhyayan was clueless for a moment and did not realize what taking a relationship to the next level meant. He wondered the twenty-eight year old Vipin must had pestered her for a marriage so he questioned, “He compelled you to get married, right?”

“No, for intimacy”, Anvesha said as she narrated the incidents wherein Vipin left no stones unturned for her to agree for an intimate relationship with him and she was not ready. She told him how Vipin degraded her self-respect every time she denied as fresh tears trickled down from her eyes wetting Adhyayan’s green T-shirt.

Adhyayan was aghast. He was speechless. He did not know what to speak. He realized Vipin was indeed, a shrewd man who was lusting over Anvesha. He raked his fingers in her hair and said, “Shhh…. You don’t have to cry. He is gone. Don’t worry. I am here.” Having said these words, he looked up to her and wiped her tears with his thumb caressing her cheeks.

“You know, one day we were sitting in his cabin having lunch while Hruday da, my brother called. That man asked me to not pick the phone. I was aghast and terrified. I did not want him to react in office. I didn’t receive the call but dada called again. I was going to receive the call when Vipin snatched the phone. As I tried to snatch my phone back, he screamed at me for not being loyal to him. He had hit the green icon and my brother, on the other side, heard how he humiliated me at the top of the voice. It was too embarrassing as some of the colleagues who were passing by heard everything. Snatching away my phone, I went off, slapping him because he had crossed all his limits but not respecting a pious relationship of a brother and sister”, Anvesha confessed as she looked up with her tear-stained face at Adhyayan who was appalled.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone
Hopefully you are doing good. 😊
Well! I was reading about toxic relationships one day and that led to the idea of Rainbow of our Love. 😊
I tried bringing about all the possible symptoms of a toxic relationship and I just believe in one thing, there's no point compromising in a one-sided relationship. It is all about 50-50 efforts from both the parties. 😇
Life is all about taking right decisions. 🤗
Anyway, there's more to her past. I will be updating soon and till then, I want you all to vote and review this chapter. Your voice, your expectations matter. 😊😊😊😊
Hit the 🌟 button 😉
Love you all
💜