Chapter 23

Adhyayan disinterestedly reached the Delhi Cantonment Railway Station sharp at eight in the morning on his girlfriend’s demand. Wearing a sky blue polo T-shirt with black denims, Mr. Haughty Shoes was looking hot. With his luggage, he patiently waited for Anvesha who had denied him to pick her up from her studio apartment.

He was busy scrolling down his phone screen checking the news feed anxiously trying to avoid the gaze of other passengers who seemed to be busy in their own world, laughing and giggling, enjoy their lives. He felt fish out of water standing alone like a zombie waiting for his partner to arrive.

On the other hand, Anvesha was over-excited for the trip not because, Adhyayan was accompanying her but because she finally got an opportunity to travel in one of the oldest steam locomotive of India. Since childhood, she was an avid fan of reading about ancient locomotives and was fascinated to know that Fairy Queen Express was the oldest locomotive running since 1855 in the world. Since last seven years, she wanted to experience this journey but had delayed her plans because she did not want to relish this experience all alone. Initially she had planned this journey with her family but now she was going to Alwar with her boyfriend. Life had never been so interesting and adventurous, she thought.

She had been planning this trip since long and finally her plans were implemented. She was on cloud nine. Having doubly checked everything from her luggage to the tickets, she informed her mother about her escapade. After the long wait in the metro, she finally reached the railway station.

Anvesha’s icy blue eyes searched for Adhyayan as she glanced at her watch. It was fifteen minutes past eight and she got infuriated as she did not find Adhyayan anywhere. Controlling her anger, clutching her luggage angrily, she took out her phone and dialed at Adhyayan’s number.

Adhyayan, whose eyes were glued to his cellphone, as he stood at the secluded spot of the platform, received the call only to hear, “Where are you, Mr. Joshi?”, in an exasperated tone.

“Ms. Chatterjee, I am at the platform. Have you reached?” he said calmly as his eyes roamed in every direction and stopped at the beautiful girl wearing a sky blue summer dress with small violet flowers printed over it. He smiled at the sight in front of him and said, “I saw you, I am just coming”.

His dull mood cheered up with the bubbly talks of excited Anvesha who told him the history of the Steam Express that was ought to give a regal experience taking the passengers fifty years back in the timeline. They enjoyed each other’s company while Adhyayan admired her pink rose-petal like lips which had a glistening smile plastered onto them.

Clicking the photographs with the steam engine, both of them were creating good memories together. Making an irresistible pout, Anvesha said, “Adhyayan, I will climb the top of the engine and you will capture me along with the iconic silver star of this train”.

Adhyayan was horrified. He tried to explain her that it was simply not allowed but she was adamant like a cute child. Sighing he requested the train coordinator, using his celebrity chef card and ultimately fulfilled her wish.

As she got down from the engine after giving plenty of cute poses while Adhyayan clicked her pictures, she jumped into the big muscular arms of her boyfriend giving him another shock of the day. He was startled for once and too numb to react at their intimacy with Anvesha engulfed in his arms. Adhyayan inhaled her soothing lavender fragrance and lightly kissed her curly locks enjoying the intimacy. Anvesha was first to realize that they were too close to each other and she broke the hug.

“You are beautiful, Precious”, Adhyayan whispered still not letting go of his girlfriend.

“Mr. Haughty Shoes”, Anvesha said with a pause as she resumed, “Let’s go inside”, gesturing towards the train. She was trying hard to ignore the butterflies that were doing somersaults in her stomach. Her cheeks were turned in the hue of bright red.

“I know I am hot, dear, but stop calling me Mr. Hottie”, Adhyayan said winking towards her as he picked up their luggage and headed towards the train.

“I call you haughty, the arrogant one, not the handsome hunk one”, Anvesha mimicked him biting her lips trying to suppress her giggles.

Both of them were truly mesmerized with the opulent interiors of the Steam Express Train which had two compartments. The first compartment had sixty seats arranged for the sixty passengers while the other one was reserved for the pantry services.

Taking their seats, Anvesha gazed outside the big glass window as the steam engine began to haul marking the beginning of the beautiful journey.

“So, I am not handsome”, Adhyayan said bringing Anvesha back from her reverie. Placing his palm on his heart, he said, “I am hurt. My heart is bleeding”, with a cute dramatic expression on his face.

“You are adorable”, Anvesha said bending towards him as she pinched his cheeks.

Laughing at each other, Adhyayan and Anvesha enjoyed the spectacular journey as they admired the natural beauty of Rajasthan. Looking at the girls dressed in colorful traditional dresses pumping out water from hand pump, the farmers working under the scorching heat of the sun in their agricultural fields looking after their crops, children playing in the countryside and other tidbits of the incredible India were truly worth cherishing.

The time flew as the lovebirds were busy appreciating the remarkable scenic beauty and splendid culture of their nation. Adhyayan enjoyed listening to Anvesha who had a vast ocean of knowledge on almost every subject from the history of the train to the mesmerizing culture of the country. Their discourse was interrupted at one in the afternoon when the staff served them delicious lunch.

“Thank you for this beautiful journey”, Adhyayan said smiling towards truly amazing Anvesha who smiled and reverted back, “Thank you for being a perfect companion on this journey”.

❤❤❤
Hi everyone
I have tried my best to make this journey as realistic as possible. 😍
I haven't traveled in this Luxury Train though, I wish too.... 🙈🙈
Hopefully you are liking my efforts....😅😅😅😅
I will be updating soon, till then, bestow your love on this beautiful journey of Adhyayan and Anvesha by your lovely comments and valuable votes.... 😘😘😘😘
Hit the 🌟 button and share your views.😍😍😍
Love you all
💜