Chapter 20

Today was indeed a big day for Adhyayan. Mentally thanking Anvesha for her plan, he huffed standing in front of the mirror as he wore a purple colored T-shirt. He had called Samaira, his director and postponed the shoot of his cooking show. After much negotiations, she had decided to air an old episode.

Carrying a big black bag in his hand with contained heaps of newspapers covered by bundles of five hundred rupee notes, he moved out of his penthouse.

On the other hand, Anvesha called her best friend, Nikhil as soon as she got up in the morning. The sleepy Nikhil picked up the call getting startled at once. Anvesha never called early in the morning.

Getting worried, Nikhil asked, “Is everything okay?”

“Man, calm down. I just want your help”, Anvesha said as she narrated Adhyayan’s ordeal.

“Whoa! Adhyayan’s charm worked on you”, Nikhil said for once without paying any heed to the gravity of the issue.

Anvesha chuckled as a tint of red crept on her cheeks. She said, “We are friends and he needs my help”, as she narrated the whole issue in detail again emphasizing over the root cause.

“I am in, dear. Don’t worry I will manage. I will record everything with my cameramen and when the CBI officials will intervene, I will cover the whole news”, Nikhil said assuring his friend.

Being a news reporter who loved covering news in the field, Nikhil knew how to carry out everything. To be on the safer side, they planned to air the news in the prime time at night instead of live telecast. Nikhil knew how to make sure that the executive editor of the show agree to the airing of the news, after all, it was a news worth high amount of TRP including a celebrity chef, a food inspector and a corruption scandal.

“Will you be coming for boosting up the morale of your friend?” Nikhil asked teasingly in a girly tone.

“No, mister. I am in no mood to take an off. Today General Amarinder Bakshi is coming to the studio and I will interviewing him”, Anvesha said chuckling as she got up from the bed disconnecting the call.

Smiling at herself, as Anvesha remembered her encounter of salty cheesecake, she got ready for her day.

Wearing a mauve colored shirt with black trousers and her hair tied in a ponytail, Anvesha was ready for her day. Having her breakfast cooked by her maid, Anvesha called her brother’s friend Aditya Bhardwaj.

Aditya, at once, got perplexed to see his friend’s sister calling early in the morning. Squinting his eyes, he received the call in the fourth ring.

“Hello, Adi dada”, Anvesha greeted him.

“Hey Anu, how are you?” Aditya asked her curiously. Aditya and Anvesha’s brother Hruday studied together while Anvesha was two years junior to them in the same school. Hence, Anvesha and Aditya shared a good bond since childhood. When he had seen Anvesha in the mall last week, their old friendship rekindled along with childhood memories.

Dada, I am okay but I need your help”, Anvesha said coming to the point. As Aditya questioned her, she explained him everything.

“Are you sure the celebrity chef is the innocent one here?” Aditya who was sipping his morning coffee questioned her skeptically. Being in CBI, Aditya was used to judging every facet of the case.

Anvesha said calmly, “Dada, I am dating him. He is too dedicated in his work. Plus, why don’t you search the history of the food inspector for once. Come on, Adi da, you know how things work.”

“Anu, I never knew that the stupid chubby girl who roamed in pigtails is so intelligent now”, Aditya said chuckling teasing Anvesha.

“Adi da, you will help me”, Anvesha ordered giggling as she remembered their good old childhood days.

“Of course, my little sister. Okay, now tell me does Hruday know about him?” Aditya questioned getting protective about Anvesha. He knew his friend was really overprotective about his sister. Despite, Anvesha and Aditya lost touch, still Hruday and Aditya were best buddies since childhood. Even when they were staying far away from each other, they never forgot to talk to each other once in a while.

“No, dada. I haven’t told anyone yet except, mom. Plus, it’s just a month. Don’t worry, I will tell dada, once, I am sure.” Anvesha said as she kept her dishes in the sink and picked up her bag to leave for work.

“Then, I guess, I am luckier than Hruday to know first about Adhyayan”, he said chuckling. He remembered Hruday had told him about Anvesha’s state two years ago and he wished she deserved happiness and peace this time.

Wishing her good luck, Aditya disconnected the call only to get back to work. He immediately called upon his subordinates and enquired about the food inspector, Mr. Kamlesh Kaushik. He wanted to be sure that he was given a genuine lead.

Once getting the full report on the matter, Aditya rushed to his office to make his team ready for the sting operation in the evening. He called upon the celebrity chef and assured of complete support.

Taking a deep breath, after a rigorous schedule, Aditya glanced his watch only to realize it had been noon. He was working continuously for three hours straight with just a cup of coffee in his stomach.

On the other hand, Adhyayan was humming his favorite tune while working in his restaurant’s kitchen to calm his anxious self. He was beyond worried. Having a conversation with Nikhil and Aditya was indeed a stress-buster for him. He was worried what if things go unplanned but he was relaxed over the fact that a genuine CBI official was after the life of a corrupt food inspector finally.

Nikhil had explained everything to his executive editor and had requested to telecast the news in the prime time show. Though the editor and director of the show wanted him to go live, but Nikhil had denied. He knew if anything went wrong in the sting operation, Adhyayan’s reputation was at stake. Sharing a brotherly relation with him, Nikhil could not even imagine betraying Adhyayan at any cost.

Anvesha, the mastermind of this plan was happy as she prayed for the success of her plan. Having talked with Adhyayan, she had assured him to not worry. She had wished him luck. She was all set to interview the first guest of the new segment of her talk show, Real Life Heroes; General Amarinder Bakshi, the retired army officer who had courageously fought in the Kargil War.

On the other hand, oblivious to everything, Mr. Kamlesh Kaushik, the guileful food inspector was enjoying his day, humming his favorite tune and rubbing his pot-belly after all, Adhyayan had agreed to pay him the bribe. He was joyful as he had won the stupid celebrity chef who had insulted him and now was ultimately ready to pay him a hefty sum.

❤❤❤
Hi everyone
Hopefully you are doing good.
I guess you all curious to know if plan is a success or not! 🤔🤔🤔
Don't worry i will be updating soon, till then shower your love on the story with lovely comments and hit the 🌟 button, if you like the story. 💖
Make me happy, i will update soon. 😉
See you tomorrow
Till then, love you all
💜