Chapter 50

Double updates as promised! 💕💕💕
Happy birthday iananyakaushik

Passing through the stunning lawn of his house, Adhyayan was greeted by the spellbinding fragrance of myriads of colorful flowers blooming all over the garden welcoming him home, his own sweet home.

Adhyayan smiled as he saw his father standing at the doorstep with a huge smile plastered on his face. The dam of unshed tears broke as the father-son duo hugged each other. Their hug was truly an epitome of affection and longing for each other as it signified a plethora of overwhelming emotions despite no words were spoken yet.

The retired brigadier was overwhelmed with a newly-found energy as he engulfed his son in his arms after six years. He wondered why he allowed his ego to overpower their mesmerizing relationship. He smiled in between his happy tears, as he said, “Come on, stop crying and get in.”

Adhyayan just smiled as he wiped his father’s tears in response and hugged his mother who was startled by all this commotion.

“You are actually here, son”, Lakshmi said in a cryptic way more or less trying to convince herself that her son had really come back after six years. Adhyayan just smiled as he touched his mother’s feet and engulfed her into a bone-crashing hug. It had been really ecstatic for him to meet his parents after six long years. He wondered what if his father was angry, it was still his mistake to have not come back home after so many years.

Glancing in the living room of his house, Adhyayan drew his attention to the rustic styled furniture and he sighed as he mumbled, “Everything is as same as I left”, to himself. He just smiled as his eyes got fixated at the ornate round mirror of brass embellished in the room which he had got from an exhibition. He smiled looking at the miniature antique ships decorated in the room as the huge grandfather clock chimed melodiously at nine in the morning.

Adhyayan was greeted by Samar, their house-help who was thrilled to see the celebrity chef back in his home. Remembering his cooking escapades with Samar, Adhyayan just smiled as he hugged him and said, “Bhaiya, how are you?”

Samar just smiled as he exchanged pleasantries with him as he served everyone with morning tea.

The sweet moment of Adhyayan with his parents was interrupted by a loud bark of their pet bulldog, Charlie. Though Charlie had grown up yet, it had not forgotten Adhyayan. The dog rushed to its master and jumped onto him licking all over his face while his father just smiled wiping a lone tear from the corner of his eye.

Once Charlie was taken away by Samar, it was the time for much-needed talk. Starting the conversation, Mr. Hariprakash Joshi said, “”So, how’s your life, big man?” emphasizing over ‘big man’ taunting his son.

Scratching the back of his neck, Adhyayan whined, “Papa”.

“What Papa, young man?” Mr. Hariprakash Joshi said glaring at his son. His wife who was sitting beside him on the sofa glared at her husband and sighed in defeat while Adhyayan realized, it was going to be a long day.

Giving a tight-lipped smile, Mr. Hariprakash Joshi said, “You got really busy in your life”.

Adhyayan sighed as he said, “I had to make you proud”. Taking a deep breath, he continued, “When you asked me to make a choice, you knew, what I was going to choose.”

Mr. Hariprakash Joshi closed his eyes in despair when Adhyayan spoke further, “Papa, it was decided that I wanted be a celebrity chef. I became one. I missed you all.”

Before Adhyayan could speak anything, his father snapped angrily, “Glad to know, you missed us that’s why you are coming here after six years”. Mr. Hariprakash Joshi was red in anger. 

“Papa, you had said that I should not show my face to you”, said Adhyayan with his head hung down as he mumbled, “I am sorry, Papa”.

“I said angrily but you had your ego”, Mr. Hariprakash Joshi retorted with a calm voice laced in anger.

Lakshmi sighed as she said, “Let’s have breakfast and you both, please forget it”, as she folded her hands in front of them angrily and said gritting her teeth, “I am having peace in my family after so many years and I want you both to maintain it”.

“Huh?” Mr. Hariprakash Joshi huffed looking at his wife as he got up towards the breakfast table while Adhyayan went to his room to freshen up. He smiled as he looked around in his room and nostalgia hit him.

He caressed the photograph hanging in his room that was taken in his farewell of class twelfth. He smiled looking at his neatly made bed. Nothing had changed, he realized as he took shower. Wearing a grey T-shirt and sweatpants, he rushed to the dining hall only to find his parents waiting for him.

Serving himself, he sat down on the breakfast table. Before he could take the bite of the scrumptious, piping hot paranthas and stir-fried potatoes, the retired brigadier said, “So, how it feels to come back after six years?”

Adhyayan sighed as he bit the insides of his mouth as he tried to suppressing his laughter looking at his adamant father. Giving his mother an amused look, he gestured her to keep quiet as he said, “I feel the same as you feel to see me here”.

Taking a deep breath, Adhyayan said, “Papa, I know I made a mistake. You were angry because someone hit your pride. I was naïve to not apologize but trust me, Papa, I cared for everyone.”

Letting out a humorless chuckle, Adhyayan said, “Papa, I was in touch with mummy but when you fought with her as she was talking to me, I was devastated. How could I come when you were so angry?”

Mr. Hariprakash Joshi who was munching his breakfast patiently answered, “I wanted you to come home. I know I reacted but I was angry. I was waiting for your apology.”

“Then, accept one now”, Adhyayan said chuckling as he gobbled his food casually.

His father who had melted long ago said, “Only if you will bake the cupcakes. It has been six long years.”

Adhyayan just smiled and nodded while his father complained, “You succeeded a lot but it seemed you forgot me. You never included my name anywhere, not even in your Wikipedia biography”.

“Papa, you remember, you had said that I ruined your reputation. I was afraid.” Adhyayan confessed looking genuinely in the eyes of his father who just smiled meekly and said, “Here, I thought you have moved on”.

“How could a child move away from his family, Papa?” Adhyayan questioned his father. Eating a morsel of his meal, “How can you even think that I forgot you?”

Mr. Hariprakash Joshi looked at him suspiciously while he continued, “Papa, you have been the best father who taught me the wonderful life-lessons. You are the one who taught to smile in havocs of life. You are the one who trained me to face every adverse situation with courage. You are my backbone, Papa, I am nothing without you”.

Adhyayan said smiling as he wiped his tears and gulped a glass of water. Mr. Hariprakash Joshi was indeed, overwhelmed feeling proud of his son. The old man said, “I am sorry, you were all alone in your share of struggles.”

“It’s okay”, Adhyayan said as he smiled mentally planning to cook an elaborated lunch for everyone. He had indeed, missed a lot in six years but he was sure that he would catch up things really soon.

After a long time, the Joshi family was reunited and everyone was happy though, Adhyayan was waiting to meet his little sister after a long time.

❤❤❤

Hello everyone

Here's the new chapter of the story.😘😘😘😘

Please enjoy the update and shower your love on this story with your valuable votes and lovely comments 💚💛💚💛💚💛

How's the chapter?

Have a good day and please hit the 🌟 button, pretty please 😃😃😃😃

Love you all
💜