Epilogue

TW: Depression, self-harm, suicide

Epilogue

"I'm sorry," Kat said while crying. She just broke up with me because she's leaving to chase her dream. I don't want us to break up. Alam kong mahirap ang long distance relationship, but it's her and I want to take the risk.

"Sorry, Andrei. Pero hindi dapat," she cried. Tumulo na rin ang luhang kanina ko pa pinipigilan. I hurriedly wiped it and shook my head. Anong hindi dapat? We'll just be miles apart. That's just distance. We can work this out.

But I guess she has already made up her mind. She doesn't want to stay in a relationship with me.

"I'm sorry," she said one last time before walking away.

That was our last talk since she left. I was sad, broken even. But what can I do? She's already made up her mind.

I was just looking at her picture on my phone. Nakagawian ko nang gawin 'yon whenever I'm not doing anything. I just want to see her smiling face. I want it to last in my mind. But I was interrupted when I heard someone screamed. Agad akong lumingon sa paligid ko and found a girl not so far away from me. She looked like she's in pain.

I saw her looked my way, just when I was looking at her. Agad siyang nag-iwas ng tingin.

I stood up from my seat to go near her and check on her. Mukha kasi siyang namimilipit sa sakit.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked. Her back was already facing me, but she slowly turned. She looks shocked.

"U-uhh.. Y-yeah," she replied.

"Are you sure?" I asked again. She doesn't look fine.

I asked her more, she kept saying she's okay even if I could see she's not. Kaya I offered to bring her to the clinic. She needs to be checked. And I'm glad she accepted it. Kinarga ko siya sa likod ko to bring her to the clinic. We didn't talk. Hindi naman kami magkakilala. Napakunot-noo pa ako nang maramdamang she keeps on sniffing me. I just chose not to mind it.

We reached the clinic and thankfully, the nurse was there. The nurse hurriedly asked the girl questions. I'll be late in class if I stay more kaya nagpaalam na ako. I even asked about her class so I can tell her teacher what happened. And I suddenly feel bad when she said we're classmates. Medyo nahiya ako. How could I not know her?

"Anne Lei Agustin," pakilala niya sa sarili niya. I offered her my hand for shake hands.

"I'm Andrei Joseph del Fuerto."

After introducing each other, I left for my class. I did tell our teacher so she'll be excused because she's in pain. Buti na lang naintindihan ng teacher 'yon.

•●•

I know it's pathetic but I want to try. I kept messaging Kat to give me another chance, to give us another chance. Ayaw kong sa ganito lang kami matatapos. But she isn't replying to my messages, not even answering my calls.

Umalis lang naman siya ng bansa pero parang umalis na rin siya sa buhay ko.

It hurts.

I was already drowning in pain. Good thing Lei came.

We have a school project we need to do. We were partners so we decided to meet on weekends to finish our project. Pumayag naman siya that's why she's here.

We did our thing for the project. She was busy cutting out stuff when I got to stare at her for a while. She was biting her lower lip while using the scissors, too focused even. I smiled while shaking my head. She looked like a little kid trying to perfect what she's doing. Cute.