Chapter 6

Malena POV

"Okay, I don't think this is gonna do" I sighed frustratingly throwing the dress on the floor. I tried every dress from my closet but none was giving me the look I wanted. My all dresses screamed cheapness.

"Come on don't be mad. Wait let me check again" Rachel said searching through my closet again. But I was sure there was nothing I would like. Everything was waste here. And now I was getting madder.

"There's nothing in here, I'm beyond pissed now" I said cursing mentally.

"Whoa girl... Calm down" a familiar voice snapped me out of my misery and I turned around seeing Andrea standing there with a bag. She gave me a 'I am here' smile.

"Oh my god... Why didn't you tell me you're coming?" I hugged her. She patted my back.

After the death of my parents she helped me in many ways and we never lost touch. She started her career as a model and now she is the brand ambassador for many brands.

Wasn't she embarrassed to have friends like us but then I brushed the thought away.

"Come on, this is the perfect time for me to come as angel and help you" she said fluttering her eyes.

Rachel walked towards her giving her a hug.They both got to know each other through me. They both had many things in common which was the major reason for their bond.

"So I have got you a gorgeous dress and you'll love it" she said showing me the box.

I opened it and found a beautiful red gown. It was sleeveless, fit to flare. It had a thigh slit and was amazing.

"No this is too much" I said stroking the fabric of the dress.

"I'm not giving you, I'm just lending you for a night and you must return this" she pretended being serious.

"Yes ma'am" I saluted and looked at the dress again. I wondered whether Christian like it?

Wait... Why did I care?

"Hey missy, where are you lost?" Andrea snapped her fingers and I looked at her blankly.

I got changed and found the dress fit on me perfectly. My curves were highlighted in this dress perfectly. I was looking gorgeous.

When I came out they both have their eyes fixed on me. Their eyes traveled from my head to toe.

"You look.. " Rachel said.

"Amazing" Andrea completed her sentence.

"Thanks" I blushed.

"Let's do your hair" Andrea said bringing the hair products and settling me on a seat in front of the mirror.

After an hour, I got a call from Christian saying that he arrived.

I took my purse and wore my black heels. Yes, black heels, Andrea told me that it would look amazing.

"Let me come with you" Andrea said.

Oh no... I hadn't told Andrea about Christian yet. She hated Christian more than I did.

"No it's okay" I said nervously.

"No I'll come. We are going to watch a movie so I have bought some stuff from grocery but I forgot to take them from the car. So I'll give you company" she said walking to the door.

As we reached the exit of the building I prayed silently that she wouldn't notice Christian but it was too late.

Her expression changed and she looked at me. I stared at ground while Christian's step came closer to us.

"What's this?" Andrea snapped but I was too scared to tell her. I took a deep breath and decided to explain.

"I was about to te-" I started but she cut me off.

"About to? Are you insane? You know what he did? Becau-" she raised her voice.

"Andrea please" I begged, whispering.

She looked at me then at him and sighed. "Fine"

"And you don't even think of hurting her or else I'll cut your balls and feed them to piranhas" she warned and stormed to her car.

I looked at Christian whose face was covered with shock. I gave him a small smile not to know what to say right now.

"You look beautiful" he said without even mentioning what just happened.

"Thank you" I blushed.

"Let's go" he said placing his hand on my back which made me blush harder.

As we got in the car, I apologized to him.

"It's okay. I knew that was coming. It's my fault" he said.

I decided to stay silent and looked out of the window.

As I turned to look at Christian I found him staring at me intensely.

I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze, dusting the imaginary dirt from my dress. If he's gonna stare at me like this then how am I gonna control myself?

I cleared my throat and scratched my neck nervously.

When we reached the party, I was thankful, as the atmosphere between us was more intense than usual.

I stepped out and realized that I didn't deserve to be here. It was a 'so called riches' party'. People like me didn't even deserve to be a waiter here. When I felt a hand on my waist I realized it was Christian's, he gave it a squeeze consoling me.
I didn't know how Christian knew my thoughts, but I was relieved. He smiled at me which made me less uncomfortable.

He whispered "don't worry everything will be fine. Just stay with me"

It melted my heart.

I nodded and we entered. The villa was unbelievably beautiful.
Christian took me to a couple talking. He hugged them and said something in their ear.

They both looked at me and then smiled.

"She is Malena Wells, my secretary and my school friend" he introduced me.

I shook hands with the lady.
"And Malena she is Rose Walker and he is Emmet Walker, Caleb's parents"

"It's a pleasure to meet you both" I said sweetly.

"Oh honey you're so beautiful. Christian your taste is really great. To both look amazing" she misunderstood our relationship which sent a panic through my body.

"No, no I'm his secretary" I tried to clear our relation which made her smile wider.

Soon she laughed and said "Oh I see but still, he should get such a girlfriend unlike those gold diggers"

He scowled at her disapproval and excused us from them.

"Sorry about that" he said.

"It's okay... I understand" I said... Not knowing why I said that.

"You understand what?" he stopped and looked into my eyes, finding the answer.

"I understand that they want you live a good life but you being you" I shrugged and looked at my purse avoiding eye contact with him.

"What if I say, if you want me to change... I'll change" he whispered in my ears. His hot breath made my knee weak. I wanted some thing to balance myself.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I hope you like this chapter please do
Vote
Comment
Share