Chapter 30

Malena POV

I went back to my office pretending nothing happened. My face was still flushed and it was hot in here so I lowered the temperature of AC.

I was doing my work when I heard the telephone rang..
"Hello, Perez Pv-" I was interrupted by a load angry voice.

"Tell Christian if he didn't come right now then I'm coming there now" the woman on the other side yelled and I guess I know who she is.

"May I know your name?" I asked to confirm my doubt.

"Do you have any problem? Tell him I, Lexy called" as I thought.

She hung up and I went to Christian.

"Lexy called and she sounded angry" I reported and he sighed.

"I don't know why she called because I haven't been in touch with her since you came" he said.

"Well you were... As I remember" I told him with a straight face pretending that I didn't care but inside I was angry, shouting, banging his head on the table.

"I mean after that day I made clear to her that I won't have any relation with her" he told me which made me angrier.

"Oh really? Which means you just used her and dumped her like a worthless thing. Is that what you'll do with me too?" I asked.

"No it's not like that Malena. She knew that I won't commit to a relationship, we were just...." he ran his fingers through his hairs thinking what to say.

"I know but that's what I'm saying. Am I also your so called time pass or no string attached relationship?" I yelled.

He stormed towards me and hugged me.
"No you're not. You are special than any of them. You're my girlfriend and only you got this title, no one else will get it" he said sincerely.

"Your past is f*cked up and it is going to haunt me" I confessed.

"I know but I'm trying to make it right. I'm sorry for all this, I never thought that you'll come in my life and change it like this. Please trust me I'll never cheat on you.... Please" he begged, his tone was weak like he was going to break down right now if I said one more word.

"I do trust you... It's just hard for me to handle all this" I said hugging him back tightly.

"I love you" I froze in my place.  Did he just confess to me?
No way... He said that or did I misheard?

"Yes I do Malena, I realized it. The time you came and I had that fear in my heart that what if you leave me... I can't live without you. And I'm sure of it that yes I do love you" he said cupping my face and giving a peck on my lips.

"Okay" I said replaying everything that happened just now.

"Why whenever I confess you give awkward response?" he asked laughing.

"Because you always catch me off guard" I complained.

"Go home take some rest and at 7pm, I'll pick you up for a party" he informed.

"Again?" I pouted and he kissed my lips.

"Yup and don't worry for the dress I'll take the responsibility for that" he said which eased my nerves or else I would go crazy for another dress.

"Okay" I cheered up and left the office.

*

"Guess what" Andrea shouted.

"What?" I asked her in my 'not interested' tone.

"I bought a new dress and that's amazing. And today I'm gonna wear it in a party" she literally shouted in my ear.