Wakas

This is the final chapter. Thank you so much for being with me on this journey. Thank you for being with Ares and Coffee. I hope you enjoyed their story. I wrote this year 2014, and 6 years later, seeing you enjoying this even after all the years that passed, made my heart filled with so much warmth.

The path ahead of us may get dark at times but I want you to know that you are never alone. I want you to know that it's okay to feel weak; that it's okay to fall; that it's okay to fail. It's okay. You are doing your best and that's plenty already. It's okay to take a rest.

See you on the last book of my Beautiful trilogy: His Beautiful Redemption

Wakas

TWO YEARS.

Who would have thought that two years had already passed since Coffee's surgery? Ares could not believe it himself.

Halos inabot din ng isang taon ang pagmo-monitor nila sa pusong inilipat kay Coffee. Aaminin ni Ares nandoon pa rin ang pangamba na baka i-reject ng katawan ni Coffee ang puso pero naging malakas ang dalaga. Nalagpasan nito ang lahat ng pagsubok.

She was now fully healed.

At ngayon, habang nakatingin sa pigura ni Coffee na naglalakad palapit sa kanya ay hindi maiwasan ni Ares ang makaramdam ng ibayong saya.

Kanina ay galing siyang sementeryo upang magpaalam ng tuluyan kay Kim sa huling sandali.

Today was their wedding day. Dito naisipan ni Ares at Coffee na ganapin ang kasal sa simbahan kung saan naganap ang kasal-kasalan nila dalawang taon na ang nakalilipas. Ang paring magkakasal sa kanila ay ang mismong pari na nakasaksi noon sa kasal-kasalan.

This place was memorable for the both of them. In here, they both let go of their fears. In here, they both found the strength to fight for what they wanted.

Nang huminto sa harapan niya ang dalaga at si Tito Pol ay binalingan niya ang huli.

"I know you will take care of her, Ares," ani Tito Pol.

Inabot na nito sa kanya ang kamay ni Coffee.

Pinagsawa niya ang paningin sa mukha ng dalaga. Hindi pa rin niya makakalimutan iyong pagkakataon na akala niya'y iiwan na siya ni Coffee. At kapag nakikita niya ang nakangiti nitong mukha, hindi niya nakakalimutang magpasalamat sa Diyos dahil sa ikalawang buhay na binigay Nito sa babaeng mahal niya.

"I love you, short stuff," mahinang aniya.

Nginitian siya nito. "I love you, too, Ares."

Sabay silang humarap sa pari.

"You are finally here," nakangiting anito bago sinimulan ang seremonya.

Nang palitan na ng wedding vows ay humarap siya kay Coffee.

"I don't know what to say. Seeing you right now, thinking that any minute from now you'll be my wife, words that I memorized seem to leave me." Napahugot si Ares ng hangin. "Coffee, you gave me so much I lost count already. You give me reasons to wake up each day. You give me reasons to see the good things in front of me. You give me reasons to continue moving forward despite the hindrances along the way. I promise you this, Coffee, I will continue giving the love you deserve. I will always be by your side, to keep on holding your hand so you won't ever get lost. I won't let go. Not now, not ever. I love you."

Isinuot niya ang singsing sa daliri nito. Nakita niya ang pagdaloy ng luha sa pisngi ni Coffee.

"You taught me so many things, Ares. You taught me that it was never too late to live my life. You taught me that it was never too late to love and that it was never too late to fight. You made me see the beauty of life. And I promise you, I will never let go, not now, not ever. You taught me that, Ares, you taught me how to fight for what I truly desire. I only want you. I love you so much," ani Coffee sa gumagaralgal na tinig habang isinusuot sa kanya ang singsing.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride. For the second time."

Walang pagdadalawang-isip na hinapit ni Ares si Coffee papalapit sa kanyang katawan. Ang isang braso niya ay nasa beywang nito habang ang isa ay sapu-sapo ang dalaga sa may batok.

Nang naglapat ang mga labi nilang dalawa, tila ba silang dalawa na lamang ang tao sa simbahan.

The only person that mattered to him right now was Coffee.

For Coffee would always be his beautiful surrender.

Coffee's I-want-to-live-my-life-so-I-will-do-the-following-to-enjoy-life List

Number 10: Start my own family! (I WISH!!)

-Ares's note: wish granted.