The Beginning (Prologue)

"Are you positive? I'm just in shock..." Alice stated. 'Brian is gonna flip his shit. Twins?! We prayed for a big family but all at once?! He is going so excited' she thought.

"Yes Ma'am! Twins! Here, I'm going to print you some pictures that way you can surprise your husband later. Oh, he is going to be so thrilled!" The tech stated as she printed out the pictures. Alice held those pictures closely and tears fell.

She couldn't believe it. How was she going to surprise Brian? She paced frantically around the living room, since Brian had already left to go to work an hour ago. She started to look up reveals for twins and she just sighed.

"I will tell him when he gets home in the morning. But he maybe too exhausted to comprehend what is happening.." she said out loud. MiMi just curled next to her and purred.

"Well ol' girl, you're not gonna be the baby no more." MiMi just raised her head and set it back down in Alice's lap.

All you were able to hear was the alarm system turning off and it woke Alice. Brian stepped in through the door, tired as always.

"Well this is a sight to see. My two lovely ladies curled up on the couch." He teased. Alice smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek as he walked passed her. Her face then switched to a serious look.

"Brian, we need to talk." is all she stated. Brian tensed up. He looked back at her, worry filling his eyes. She gave him a soft smile and handed him the ultrasound pictures of the twins.

"Would you want to be promoted from cat dad to Papa?" She said, tears filling in her eyes. Brian stared at the pictures. He seen two little fetuses. He looked at Alice stunned.

"Oh my God...oh my God....OH MY GOD!!" He yelled as he grabbed Alice by the waist and twirled her around dancing. He was ecstatic!

"When did you find out?! How long were keeping this from me?!"

"I only found out how many yesterday. I was trying to find a way to tell you but I thought just coming out and saying it would just be the best way. I'm 8 weeks along and they are healthy, Brian."

He didn't want to let go of her. He sat her down and ran all across the house hollering.

"I'M GOING TO BE A PAPA!!!"

He felt like he was on top of the world. He couldn't believe it. He had almost given up, with his negative thoughts eating him alive thinking there was something wrong with him. Alice went through so much testing and medication, but he always thought it was him. But looking at those ultrasounds washed every negative thought he had away.

"Who all have you told?" He asked.

"You're the only person right now that knows. I wanted to keep it a secret until I found out how many and with actual proof. You know how my sister is. She wouldn't believe me unless I showed her proof of it." She sighed.

"We have to tell my parents, Alice! They will be so happy! Oh and think of Jason and his wife! Their little girl will have friends!"

They finally decided to call their friends and family after they passed the first trimester. To say that everyone was overjoyed was an understatement. Brian's parents, Bridgette and Matthew, were throwing them a gender reveal party. They were the only ones that knew the gender of the babies. Alice, in her long white gown, and Brian, in his nice white polo, were standing with friends and family. The anticipation of finding out what they were having is just torture to the new parents.

"Alright everyone! We are about to find out what Baby one and two are!" Bridgette yelled with her southern accent being prominent. Alice and Brian held hands as they look at the box that Bridgette was holding.