Don't Loose Your Heart

"Seriously Ro? Grounded again?" Freya asked. He nodded at the statement his sister made. When he got home from breaking the lantern, he was approached with his mother tapping her foot and seemed very irritable. He knew then that he was in big trouble.

"Yup. No hanging out with the guys and straight home after school, and if I make it on the team, practice." His sister sighed. 

"Well, I don't blame her. There has been some weird stuff going on in this town for sometime now and you know she worries about us." 

"Don't you got to hang out with Jacie and Zyra today? It's been while since you had hung out with Zy." She nodded.

"Yeah. Since Zy started high school and with cheer leading practice, it's been kind of hard to hang out with her. I'm glad I get to go to the movies again with them." She smiled. "But right now, I want to talk to my brother. He's been busy with the weirdos group to even talk to his own twin. I can see school is going well for you this time." Ronan nodded.

"Yeah. I'm shocked honestly. I told myself that I wouldn't make friends and just have it with just Ash and me, but it didn't work out like that." He said trying to clean the kitchen up. As part of his punishment, besides being grounded, he has to do daily chores and homework before bed. 

"Oh Rey, did you join an activity as well?" Ronan asked. The red head girl looked at him with confidence.

"Sure did! Cheer leading! It fits for my kingdom of popularity." she teased and he rolled his eyes.

"No shock there I suppose." He wanted to ask about the weird stuff going around town but before he could ask, a car horn honk and startled his sister.

"Well that's my cue to go! See ya bro! Try to have fun cleaning and homework today." She said running out the door. He sighed and started sweeping the kitchen. His father came in the kitchen and looked at him.

"Son, can we have a quick chat? In the living room?" His dad asked. Ronan's face fell to a worried stare. He and his father never really seen eye to eye. In fact, Freya was always a daddy's girl and Ronan was a mama's boy. He put the broom away and sat down across from his dad on the couch.

"How's everything going on at school, Ronan? I heard you joined a sport and made a few new friends, right?" Ronan nodded at his father's question.

"That's good. I just wanted to talk to you about everything. I know were not close at all, but you know I love you right?" Ronan was stunned at his father's words

"Yeah pa, I know that."

"Are you sure? I feel like sometimes that you think I hate you." His dad said, hanging his head low.

"I don't hate you pa. I mean, I know we don't have the same view points and we don't get along a lot of the times, but I never would hate you." His dad nodded.

"Let's go somewhere. I'll tell your mom that we had errands to run. There is a place I want you to see." His father gotten up from the couch and walked to get his keys. Ronan followed suit and got into the car with his father. The drive felt long, as they went down back roads getting to this unknown destination. The sat in silence the entire ride how. Not awkward silence. 

"Oh man Brian, I never knew you to have this scary demeanor on you." Gerald spoke aloud, only Ronan could hear. It's true though. Ronan's father always had a rugged appearance about him, with his hair pulling off the salt and pepper look and thick burly beard to somewhat match. The years of working 3rd shift at a factory worn his skin. But when he smiled, you can tell that he was a gentle giant.

"We're here, Ronan." His father snapping him out of his thoughts. Ronan looked to see that they were out in an open field of purple wild flowers next to a lake. He heard the car door open and watched as his father got out of the car. He followed his father's steps as the made it towards the lake and sat next the somewhat clear water. His father sat down on the ground and wrapped his large arms around his legs.