Mother

Ronan slowly walked around the town. The first thing he wanted to do was go to the bar. He stepped his foot into the bar, all got quiet. 

"Ronan?" A voice called out. Ronan smirked at the bartender.

"Lenny! Howsit been!?" Ronan yelled, holding out his arms. Lenny ran to the boy and hugged him, cheering.

"It's you! Oh Christ it's you!" He said, having a grip on the boy and dancing around with him. Ronan cackled loudly. Lenny couldn't stop laughing.

"Oh God! You've grown so much! And these scars! Come sit at the bar and talk! I want to catch up!" Lenny said, dragging Ronan to the bar. Ronan pulled away and laughed.

"Maybe another time, Lenny. I got someone else I got to visit before I go into my stories. I will catch up later." Ronan said, smiling big. Lenny nodded his head really fast.

"Anytime! I'm always here!" He said before waving goodbye to Ronan. Ronan waved back and walked out of the bar. He walked down the streets, people staring at him. He ignored them as best as they can, but one made it very clear to announce who he was.

"Alistair Ronan Martin. What a surprise to see you again." He stopped at the sound of his name.

"How is it going, Matthew?" Ronan asked with venom in his voice. Matthew stared at the boy.

"It's been well. You have changed since I've seen you last. They really trained you and made sure you knew well." Matthew pointed out. Ronan closed his eyes, trying to calm his anger down.

"Listen, we got off on bad terms. Marcus wouldn't want this and you know that. I am here for a visit. You may never see me again. Just let things be buried and we go our own paths." Ronan said, standing tall and staring Matthew in the eyes. Matthew growled and grabbed Ronan by the shirt collar.

"Marcus would still be around if he didn't abandon his pack for you!" Matthew screamed. Ronan showed no emotion.

"Marcus made his choices, I had no control over them. He was a grown man and made his mind. He died with dignity. And no other way to be remembered in the Hellfire pack as their Alpha." Ronan said. Matthew sighed and dropped Ronan.

"You are right. I am sorry. I shouldn't blame you for the decisions he made. I knew you were his mate but I didn't want to accept it. Not until after he died." Matthew said, a small tear falling from his eye. Ronan had shown the former alpha some respect in that moment.

"I have to go now, Matthew. I have company I need to see." Ronan said, walking away from the Hellfire wolf.

Ronan made it to the lake, covered in flowers. He watched the waves slowly roll onto the shore. He smiled and watched the sunset down the lake.

"I can't believe I am back here. I am back at this spot. I am back home." He said to himself. He touched the water, running chills up his body from it being cold. He grabbed some sand and had it flow out of his hand. Ronan closed his eyes and listened to the wind hitting against the trees and flowers. He opened his eyes and walked away, going to one place he has been wanting to be all day.

He stood outside of the door, scared to do anything. He stared at it longer, hands trembling. He finally got the nerve to knock on the door. No answer. He knocked harder. Footsteps came close to the door. His heart beats fast, excited and fear filled his body. The door opened to a short woman with long reddish brown hair and green eyes.

"Mom." Is all Ronan said before the woman jumped into his arms, wailing.

"Alistair! Oh my God! Is this a dream?!" She screamed. Ronan held his mother close, collapsing to his knees with her going down with him. She pulled away and looked at his face.