Welcome Back

Ronan couldn't believe what he heard. He froze. 'Of all times he comes back, after two fucking years, he decided to say something!' Ronan was pissed.

"I know you're pissed st me right now boy but I have a good explanation. Your grandmother told you I was busy and I have been. Things haven't gone right in the spirit world." Gerald tried to explain.

"No don't give a fuckin' excuse! You were gone for 2 goddamn years and you just waltz back in like nothing ever happened?! No!" Ronan yelled as loud as he can without waking his parents.

"I know boy. You have every right to be mad at me. Just hear me out!"

"No old man! I cant believe you! I have been going through hell it seems like and then you came out of no where!?"

"Alistair if you don't fucking listen to me, I swear to God I will kick your ass!"

"How can you do that huh?! You're dead and only a voice!" Ronan screamed.

"Turn around you shit." Ronan was taken back. He furrowed his brows.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" He said as he turned around. His mouth dropped open. He seen a man about mid-40s staring right at his. Ronan squinted at the figure.

"Miss me boy?" The man said. The man came around the counter of the kitchen and stood tall. He was almost as tall as Ronan. Ronan walked up and went to touch the man's head.

"What the hell is going on? I must really be going crazy now.." Ronan said aloud.
The man laughed and it sounded just like Gerald.

"No you're not going crazy, though that would be a sight to see. It's me in the flesh. Well you're the only one who can see me. No one else can! Isn't that fun?"
Ronan started to shake his head.

"What the fuck old man." Is all Ronan can say. Gerald hugged his grandson.

"I've always wanted to do this. I'm so glad you can see me finally. You're powers are growing on track." Ronan didn't hug the man, still in shock. Ronan pulled away.

"I'm making supper right now. I cant be distracted."

"Oh are you making that curry dish? It was always a favorite in our household." Gerald said, going back around the counter and pulling a bar stool from there to sit.

"Yeah. Mom was wanting to only have me help cook but she needs rest after you know your granddaughter trying to kill herself." Gerald sighed.

"Ronan, Freya is going through something right now. Later on, she will tell you but right now just let her be. Besides, things are getting weird. I know you and your group is having a meeting later, so I can tell you and you can relay the message. And I'm here to stay."

Ronan listened as he was trying to finish the meal. Gerald just stared at his grandson cooking.

"You look just like your mother, with you cooking like that. She always loved cooking and coming up with ideas for meals." Ronan looked back at his grandfather. He turned back around to finish the meal. He turned the burner down to have the curry to simmer and leaned against the fridge.

"So, you said things weren't going well in the spirit world? What do you mean?" Gerald shook his head.

"Its best if you and your group of weirdos are on this as well. It includes them also."