Where Secrets Began

'It's going to be a long day. A very, very VERY long day' Alistair thought to himself. The car kept moving with him more focused on his video game than the excitement Freya was giving off. They were on their way to a family friend's house, Zyra's to be exact. His parents grew up with his Uncle Jason and Aunt Gracelynn, that calling them friends would be weird. It was the closest family that he had to him, but Zyra is more close to Freya than him. Maybe its because of his mind set. Zyra always told him that he was a weirdo and didn't want to be around him because he is just that...weird.

Alistair, to him, was just a normal boy. He was the opposite of his sister. She was always the center of attention, with her fiery red curly hair and her emerald eyes that she took after their GiGi and no freckles at all. He always thought she was annoying with her words and her attitude. 

He, on the other hand, was quiet and reserved and he also though he wasn't anything special because he looked normal. Midnight black hair and chocolate eyes, just like the men in his life. The one trait he did get from his mother was her abundance of freckles across her skin. People stared every time they went anywhere because of their appearance. 

A speed bump made him come back from his thoughts. He looked up from his game and seen that they were already at the gated suburb. Taking a deep breath, he fake a smile as best as he can. That's what he does best. Faking. He didn't talk a whole lot. He talked more to his mother because it seems that she understood him more than he understood himself. And for him only being 9, he was mature for his age. 

"Come on, Ronan! We're here!" he heard his sister yelling from the outside of the car. He didn't hate his sister, but he couldn't stand her. Sighing, he got out of car and slowly walked up to the door. 

"You've gotten so big, young one." Ronan heard in his head. It sounded just like a whisper in his ear. He quickly turned around to find no one. His parents were still at the car and Freya was already at the door, hugging on Zyra. He furrowed his brows. 'I must be hearing things..'

He shook his head and started walking up to the door again. This time, he knew the voice that came with the following words. 

"Well finnally someone decides to join us! Man, what took you so long?" Zyra teased. He knew she meant well but he still didn't like the sound of her voice. It reminded him too much of his sister's. 

"Nice to see you too, Zy. Say, where is uncle Jason? I need some help with a point in this game?" he said calmly. Zyra shook her head.

"The only reason why you ever come over here is to spend time with Daddy. You need to get you some friends, Ronan." she said waving her hands around. Freya chuckled. 

"You know as well as I do, Ronan doesn't deal with well with a bunch of people. He may never have friends. Who knows, one day he may actually be the talk of the town! I doubt it though." she sneered.  The girls then walked away into Zyra's bedroom and left him to collect his thoughts. His sister's bullying didn't help with his thought but he knew she meant well. 

"Stand up for yourself, young one. You don't have to deal with her words." His eyes got big. It was the voice in his head again. He looked around to see if anyone was around. No one. He sighed again. He had a thought. Maybe it was his conscience speaking to him. "I can't let petty words get a hold of my emotions. I just got to stay calm." he said to the voice. The next thing he heard, a chuckle, gave him chills down his spine.

"You are just like your mother. I remember when she was younger, she wouldn't hurt her sister because she always wanted to have her emotions in control. But she had break points, young one. We all do. It said.  His mother didn't talk about her childhood so much. It's like she blocked everything out from that time. But this voice knew his mother. He wanted to know more about her.  He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to his mother. He always thought she was beautiful. Her auburn hair and many freckles and her pale green eyes made her always stand out, not counting the tattoos that cover her skin as well.