Yet Here You Are.

The following months felt like they dragged along for Ronan. He looked up at the sign for his class. He now made it into 4th grade, with his sister in a different class than he is in. 'I guess she just didn't want to be in the same class as her twin.' He sighed, knowing good and well he wont make any friends this year just like before. He sat closer to the back of the classroom, reading one of many books he kept with him.

"I don't see why you just can't talk to anyone, young one. Making friends are a lovely thing for children your are to do!" Gerald stated. His grandfather's voice still followed him around, and Ronan knew better to speak out loud.  The last time he spoke out loud to respond to his grandfather, the teacher called his parents, worried that he may have some other issues going in life. That was far from the truth. Ronan was far from crazy, in his mind. He jumped out of his thoughts when he was startled by a loud bang coming in front of him. 'Here we go again with this crap.' he thought as he looked up to see his bully since last year staring at him. Marcus Snyder. 

"Whatcha doin', Weirdo? Reading your cult book again?' Marcus sneered. Ronan rolled his eyes. 

"I don't feel like being bothered Marcus. Go bug someone else." 

"Nah. It's fun bugging you. Besides, you didn't hear but this will be the last time I get to bug you for now. Someone new is coming to the school."

"Just deck the hell of him Ronan! It'll be the last thing he will ever do!" Gerald yelled. Ronan ignored his grandfather's yells because he heard a new voice. A softer,more feminine voice.

"Hello? Can anyone hear me?" it said. He tried to ignore it as the bell rang and everyone go their seats. The teacher walked in with another student in their hand. 

"Good morning class! I hope you all had a wonderful winter break! We have someone new joining the class today." She turned to the new student. "Go on, say hello." she smiled. The new student was nervous. His eyes said it all and I can already tell this is Marcus's new victim based on the words he said earlier.

"Hey. My name is Jared Hopewell and I am from Massachusetts. Me and my dad moved here because he got a new job." the new kid said with a faint smile. He was welcomed with a bunch of 'hellos' from the class. Ronan stayed quiet.  He didn't want to get too close to him. He rather stayed away from everyone.

"There is a seat next to Alistair that you can use. Alistair stand up please!" the teacher said. He sighed as he did what he was told. 'Of course the teacher wants someone to sit next to me. I just want to be left alone.' he thought.

"Come on, boy. He may be a good friend for you! Who knows? Maybe talking to him will at least put a smile on your face for once." Gerald said. Jared slowly made his way to sit next to Alistair. 

"Hey." Jared said quietly. Ronan grunted.

"Come on Ronan! Just try to speak with the kid. He looks lonely!" Gerald whined.  Ronan just stared at the kid, noticing the fear and nervousness across his face. Jared had short curly blonde hair and blue eyes. Jared noticed that Alistair was looking at him and he smiled at the freckled boy.

"You seem really nice. I'm just wondering why you are staring at me?" Jared asked. The statement caused Ronan to snap out of his thoughts. 

"Sorry bout that." he said and went back to his book. 

"Hello? Can you hear me? Please say something?" He heard the female's voice say again. He had to ignore it until he can get by himself. He didn't want to scare the new kid already. That will definitely scare him if he starts talking out loud. Ronan raised his hand.