Moving Forward

Ronan sat there, watching Theo fix himself a glass of tea. It's been a day since Ronan had his breakdown. He looked down at his arms, bandaged from his elbow up to his wrist.

"You shouldn't train for a while. We don't want your stitches to bust open." Theo stated.

"How did you become a vampire?" Ronan asked bluntly.

"Well I was coming home from my shift at the hospital and got attacked." Theo said.

"Were you a doctor?"

"Yes. Your aunt always came to me when she had wounds. No hospitals or practices have any supernaturals in them, so it was easier for me to take care of them."

"Why don't you open up your own practice for supernaturals? It'll make things easier for people like us." Ronan pointed out.

"I'm not there all the time. More people are dying on the field than in a hospital." Theo bitterly said.

"Have we always been treated different by normal humans?" Ronan asked.

"Always. It doesn't matter if we pass as human or not, were always hated. That's why we keep it secret." Theo added.

A car door slamming made them turn their heads at the door. Jennifer barged herself into the cabin, looking. Her eyes searched for Ronan and when they landed on him, she almost broke down.
Jennifer ran over to the boy, examining him.

"Alistair, oh my god." Is all she could say, going over each bandage and mark on his body. She couldn't even look at him in the eyes because of the massive gash on it.

"I'm fine aunt Jen. Theo helped me out there. We won't have to worry about Jackson anymore." He said looking over to Theo.

"He will need plenty of rest. No training of any kind for 6 weeks. He is to rest and only do that." Theo ordered, to both of them. Ronan groaned.

"Fuck that! That puts me behind!" He complained. Theo shook his head.

"Doctor's orders. You need your body to rest and repair itself." Theo demanded. Jennifer nodded her head.

"Hes right kid. You look like you overcame death." She added. Ronan made Theo to never tell her what actually happened. She wouldn't know how to deal with it herself.

"Aunt Jen, can we go forward to Salem? It's time to move forward." He asked. Jennifer looked at her nephew, puzzled.

"What about everyone at the pack house? What about Felix?" She asked. Ronan shook his head.

"I can't stay here anymore. It's time to move forward." He said, no emotion in words. Jennifer seen a change in  her nephew. She nodded.

"It means you will have to say goodbye to everyone." She said. Ronan gave her a cold stare.

"That's fine." He said.

"Alistair what happened? You're not yourself anymore." She said, petting his back.

"Its a long story. We got a long car ride ahead of us." He said, getting up and walking outside. Jennifer followed him, trying to catch up.

"Alistair sweetie." She started to say.

"Aunt Jen I need to get out of here." He looked down at the ground.

"I get that but you are not yourself. What did Jackson do to you?" She asked.

"Let's go back to the pack house, gather our things and go." Ronan said, looking at his aunt, eyes glowing white. She jumped back at the sight of her nephew. He turned back around and got into the car.