New You

"Alistair! Alistair where are you?" Ronan was looking around in darkness.

"Marcus! Stop it! We will search tomorrow. He couldn't have gone too far." He heard Ash say.

"He's gone because of us! We have to find him!" Dray yelled.

"Stop. Ash is right. We have to search more tomorrow." JJ stated. Dray shook his head.

"I'm not gonna stop. Why are y'all stopping? You're his best friend Jared!" Dray snapped. Ash shook his head.

"He wants to be left alone. We all know that. It's been a week already. Just give him time." Ash explained. Dray scoffed and kept searching. JJ and Ash turned to walk away while Dray was still screaming out.

"Dray. Stop. I'm not in the state anymore." Ronan whispered. Dray stopped screaming and looked straight at Ronan. Dray stared at Ronan, speechless.

"You can hear me?" Ronan asked. Dray nodded.

"Oh god...Alistair!? What's wrong what happened!? Your hair is blonde and you cut it." Dray screamed, running to Ronan and hugging him tightly. Ronan hugged him back.

"I'm fine. I had to get away." Dray held him tighter. 

"Do you have any idea how much I missed you?" Ronan froze.

"Marcus, I had to leave. I cant tell you where I am or how long I will be but listen. Keep everyone safe. I trust you. Protect my family and protect our friends. I have to go now." Ronan stated. Dray shook his head violently  trying to hold back tears.

"Don't please. Just stay a little longer!" Dray begged. Ronan shook his head.

"I can't.  I'm sorry." Ronan let go of Dray and walked away.

Ronan woke up from the dream, still feeling his friend's touch. He looked at the time on his new phone that his aunt gave him. 4:30 A.M.  He sighs. Grabbing his pack of smokes, he goes down stairs to to out on the porch.

"Why are you up so early?" Felix said leaning against the door frame of the kitchen. Ronan shrugged.

"Had a weird dream. Needed some air and a smoke." He replied. Felix leaned off the frame and walked towards Ronan.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked. Ronan nodded slightly and both boys walked outside to sit on the porch. Ronan pulled out a smoke and lit it. It seemed like his daily ritual.

"So about that dream of yours?" Felix asked.

"I seen my old group of friends searching for me. It's been a week since I left. One specifically is more upset about me leaving than the others." Ronan started.

"Did you leave on bad terms?" Felix asked.

"Sorta. I got into a fist fight with one a few months before I left. We didn't talk much and then I vanished. But my best friend wasn't the one searching hard for me. It was my former bully turned friend."

"Ah. Sounds like a good friend." Felix commented.

"I guess. He said he missed me a lot and hugged me. I mean I guess we were close but I didnt think he'd miss me that much." Ronan inhaled deeply, exhaling while looking at the ground. Felix looked up at the sky.