Comfortable

Eric went to the cork board and placed the results on it.

"So you're really gonna let him play?" Alex said, reading the results.

"Hes a very good player. You should've seen him on the court, Alex." Eric said, smiling. Alex gave his friend a questioning look.

"You like dude, don't you?" He asked. Eric blushed slightly and shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't know. Something about him is just interesting." Eric said. Alex sighed at his friend.

"Well, I cant stop you from liking the guy. Just be careful." He told Eric. They walked towards their lockers to gather their stuff for class. Snickers and giggles filled the hallway.

"Wonder what their laughing about now?" Alex said.

"Who knows." Eric said. They walked toward the cause of the laughter and what Eric seen hurt his soul. Jason's locker was covered in graffiti, calling his a freak and other slurs across it. The locker was opened and was filled with glue and trash.

"What the hell happened here?!" Principal Andrews yelled. Jason looked at the locker, trying to not show emotion.

"Jason, were going to have you move lockers. We will replay the cameras to see who did this and there will be consequences." He promised. Jason nodded. Eric felt sorry for the boy.

"Poor guy. He cant catch a break, can he?" Eric said and Alex nodded as a response. They watched as principal Andrews and Jason walked towards his office.

"We need to get to class, Eric." Alex said.

A piece of paper landed on Eric's desk, covering the notes he was writing for the class. Eric opened the letter

Everything okay?-J

Eric looked at the note a little closer and was confused. He looked next to him, giving a questionable look to Jason, and back at the letter.

Yeah everything is going well. How about you? Sorry about your locker btw-E

He threw the note back to Jason and started writing again. The letter came back, in front of the notes again.

It's fine. Could be worse. Want to hang out later today?-J

Eric read the letter again. He wanted to make sure his eyes were not playing tricks on him. Eric was puzzled by the letter.

Sure. Want to study for this test coming up at my house?-E

He tossed the letter back to Jason.

"Mr. Anderson, I suggest you pay attention. This information will be on the test next week and I will not go over it again." The teacher scolded at Eric. He nodded and apologized to them and went back to writing notes. Another letter landed on his desk. He opened it and seen a phone number in it.

Message me whenever you want to hangout and sure.-J

Eric kept the letter. He examined it, still confused on why the sudden change in Jason. He was walking down the hall getting ready for his next class. Eric stopped in his steps, feeling uncomfortable. He turned to look outside the window and squinted. A figure standing outside, staring at Eric. Just staring. He didn't like the feeling the figure was giving him. A hand on his shoulder made Eric jumped and almost fall.

"Yo man you okay?" Jeanie asked. Eric felt his heart pounding in his head and looked back outside. The figure was gone.

"Yeah. Everything is okay." Eric lied. Jeanie nodded and they both walked to their next class.