Rise

Ronan came back to the house after a while. He stopped at the house's door to see Eric standing there.

"Eric?" Ronan said. Eric turned around and seen Ronan, eyes red and puffy from crying.

"Everything okay? Did someone hurt you?" Ronan asked, running up to him. Eric wrapped his arms around Ronan's neck and squeeze tightly.

"I know Ronan. Ronnie does too." He said. Ronan flinched at the boys words.

"What do you mean?" Ronan questioned.

"Dad had left a tape on the kitchen counter, explaining everything. Ronnie didn't want to believe it until I told him it was the truth." Eric stated. Ronan sighed heavily and wrapped his arms around the boy's waist.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to say anything. I didn't want you to hate me." Ronan said quietly. Eric looked at the boy shaking his head.

"I couldn't hate you for what my parents have done to ruin your life. You had to do what you had to do." Eric stated.

"Its still your parents." Ronan pointed out.

"I know, and I love them. I always will. But what they did is wrong and it doesn't justify their actions." Eric added. Ronan pulled away from Eric and looked at him with painful eyes.

"Go be with your brother. You both need it. And there is something I need to take care of. I will text you later, if that's okay." Ronan suggested. Eric nodded and walked back to his home.

"I know you care for him sweets. Maybe he will be good in your life after all." Jennifer said, leaning on the door frame. Ronan stared at her, pain still in his eyes.

"I forgive you aunt Jen. I know you were doing it to protect me. Oliver explained everything to me. We are going to stop this." Ronan said. Jennifer nodded.

"There is another thing we need to talk about. Come inside. Jaq made it." Jennifer said walking back into the living room. Ronan followed her and seen the woman he bumped into at the gas station.

"This is the bloke that rammed into me  at that fuckin' gas station!" The woman yelled. She had yellow straight hair, like a canary and green eyes. Her figure was short and petite.

"Sorry. I had a lot on my mind." He apologized and held out his hand to shake hers.

"Names Jacqueline but everyone calls me Jaq. You must be Ronan." Jaq said.
Ronan nodded.

"Now that we are all here, there is something Malcom has something to say." Jennifer started.

"Back at home in South Dakota, a new organization has started. They fight people connected to Vince and Vaziel and save other supernaturals. They consist of mainly other supernaturals, Lenny included. Other creatures and beings have joined recently. They are called The Resistance."  Malcom continued.

"What about them? Why do they matter to us?" Ronan asked. Jennifer looked at her nephew, smiling.

"I know this is a big decision but they are wanting to recruit us. All of us in this room." She said. Ronan looked suprised.

"I think we need to wait before having you sign up. Maybe a year. That way you and Oliver can get your good training in." Jennifer continues.

"They are adamant on having you come Ronan." Malcom stated. Ronan nodded.

"When I turn 18, I will move back. I didn't think I would be welcomed back home. What would mom think when she sees me again? When any of them see me?" He said, almost giddy. Jennifer stopped him.

"Remember, we have to change your appearance again. I'm thinking more of a double color this time." She said winking.

"Alright that's enough now. Back to the important thing. Amelia admitted to something that can put a hindrance on things." Jaq stated. Everyone got serious again.