A Journey Well Waited

"Bags are packed." Ronnie exclaimed. Ronan stood there, feeling Ronnie strap the bags on his back.

"I dont know why I couldn't have rode in a car with someone." Ronan groaned.

"You will once you get over to the other state. That travel will not be as long." Eric said, smiling. Ronan turned to look at the three men staying behind.

"Felix, please watch over them. Keep track when you can. I know your pack is around as well." Ronan stated. Felix nodded at the boy.

"You have Gabe and Virgil with you. You know how they fight. Stay strong Ronan." Felix said. Ronan nodded, walking out the door to see Gabe and Virgil waiting for him.

"Let's get going boys. We have a long journey ahead." Ronan stated and started walking towards the forest. The wolves followed him.

"Man, it's taking forever for us to get to the border of the other state. Where exactly are we going again?" Gabe groaned. Ronan looked back at him, trekking far away from him and Virgil.

"We got to at least make it to Pennsylvania. We want to avoid New York as much as we can." Ronan stated. Gabe sighed.

"But why? Wouldn't we be already in that state?"

"Because we need to stay as hidden as possible. Vince could be anywhere and with us tracking on foot, he will think we were in a vehicle.  He will be watching that." Ronan explained.

"Can we take a rest for a little bit at least? We've been walking into the woods for hours." Ronan closed his eyes and groaned in frustration.

"You can travel for God knows how far as wolves, but not as humans?" Ronan asked. Gabe shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know why. I'm just born this way." He said. Ronan shook his head.

"Fine. We will take a short rest. In an hour, we will keep moving forward." Ronan said, sitting his bags down. Gabe and Virgil did the same.

"I will go see how far out we are until we reach to a border. If I am not back within 30 minutes, change and track my scent." They nodded at the command. Ronan started walking to the woods, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. He put it to his lips and inhaled. He was suppose to stop smoking, but with the stress of everything going on, he picked the bad habit up again. Ronan closed his eyes.

"This was a bad idea. We have no idea where we are and no one to help us." Oliver stated.

"I'm keeping them calm about it. If they knew, they would freak out. The should be the ones leading since their pack tracked from Iowa to here." Ronan pointed out.

"You do have a point, but they are not trackers. Felix was the one who did the tracking." Oliver added. Ronan sighed and inhaled the smoke again. He exhaled and looked into the woods. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't imagining things. He looked closer into the woods. A big gray wolf was standing there on the edge.

"I'm not seeing things, am I?" Ronan asked out loud. The wolf stared at him and rose his head up. It howled loudly and ran deeper into the forest. Ronan looked back that where the others were and turned back to follow the wolf. The wolf was running fast and Ronan was trying his best to catch up to it. 

"Don't you think this is a bad idea?" Oliver asked.

"I have to follow it. I just have to!" Ronan said, still chasing the wolf. Ronan stopped at a waterfall and a lake. Standing at the edge of the lake, was the gray wolf and a white one. Ronan stared at the white wolf, mesmerized by it's beauty. It looked like the gray wolf and white wolf were having a conversation.