Oaths

All the boys were gathered in the living room of Ash's house. JJ and Ash was playing video games, while Dray was scrolling on his phone. Ronan was staring at the ceiling, thinking about the vision he had in the locker room. He glanced at Dray and got up to go to the kitchen. He leaned against the counter, hanging his head low.

'I don't know whats happening to me. And the old man hasn't talked to me all day. I know he doesn't talk to me all the time, but it's not like him to not say anything.' He pondered. He was in his thoughts so much, he didn't hear Dray come in. Ronan jumped when he heard the other boy clear his throat.

"You sure you're okay after that fall? You haven't acted the same since then." Dray questioned. Ronan sighed and shook his head.

"Not really. Something is happening and I can't explain it. It's more terrifying than anything else."

"Well, wanna go outside and talk about it?" The other boy suggested. Ronan looked back to the living room to see the other boys still playing their game.

"I'm sure they won't mind Ronan. Come on." Dray said as he opened the door leading to the back yard. Ronan nodded and followed behind him. Both boys sat on the steps of the back porch and stared at the night sky.

"The sky has always looked beautiful at night." Dray first spoke. Ronan nodded. "Where do you want to begin, Alistair?" Ronan looked at Dray and sighed.

"I don't even know why I'm talking to you about it first honestly. You always found me scary and it seemed like you hated me."

"Now you know I've changed Ronan. If this doesn't prove it or what I told you a few months back, then I'm not doing a good job." Ronan shook his head.

"No it's not that. You have changed. Just this is very personal and the only person I tell personal things to is inside playing a game. I'm not good opening up about things, especially things out of this world." Dray nodded his head.

"I can get at. I never really told anyone about my sister dying until you. It was the best thing I could explain on why I acted like a dick towards you in grade school. You know one personal thing about me, and I know a personal thing about you. But this seems like its a different kind of thing going on Ronan. Just open up about it and maybe you'll feel better." Dray explained.

Ronan gathered his body and wrapped his arms around his legs. Looking up at the sky, he took a leap of faith.

"I had a nightmare this morning. I was running in darkness and I was shooting at someone. They were taunting me and in the end, their talons cut my head off. Then I had a vision before the game and it came true. And then another in the locker room-" He stopped. He remembered that Dray's mother was apart of this vision.

"Well, I'd be kinda scared of that nightmare too. Geez man what do you watch before you go to sleep?" He teased slightly. "As for the visions, maybe it's just a one time things. I wouldn't linger on that too much."

"It's easier said than done. And the old man hasn't spoke to me all day. It's not like him to say nothing at all. It feels weird." Ronan gripped his body tighter.

"Well, he's dead Ronan. He's not gonna be there all the time. He may have some important dead people things to do." Ronan glared and Dray shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know I'm just trying to make a situation better. Probably not working." Ronan laughs slightly.

"It's fine Dray. Now since I told you something personal, it's your turn." Dray put his finger up to his mouth, thinking. He snapped his fingers.

"I finally met my dad the other day. His excuse was " I didn't know you existed" bullshit." Ronan stared eyes widen at Dray.