Chapter 63: On the Same Boat

Merry Late Christmas and a Happy New Year! Even more... New Year is my Birthday! Jan 2nd. Shaddup, I know New Year is the first but lemme enjoy my moment =.=

Happy B-Day to BTS V also! Dec 30. My Bday is 3 days after his... Kakaka lemme enjoy my moment please... I know Dec and Jan, 2014 and 2015 ar two diff thing but let's just imagine the years as a circle and my BDate is 3 days runnig after his.

===JENNIE'S POV===

"Good luck unni!" I cheered for Ahna unni with her evaluation.

"Fighting!" Other trainee said.

"You can do it!" Kevin oppa cheered.

Ahna unni walked forward to the judges who are JYP, Se Young unni, our vocal teacher and the song writer of the company. Few other teachers stepped behind them and watch us trainees crowding here.

"She's gonna be judged so hard for her nice and elegant look going along with a hard black music beat..." Kevin oppa shook his head.

"Right? Watch," Sora smiled.

"Are you guys putting on a curse for her?" The other trainee sunbae said, "You guys are in the same group,"

"Right? Aren't you on the same boat?"

"It is, right?"

"If one fails, the whole group fails. It's a teamwork project,"

"Yeah so?" Kevin oppa denied, "It's not a failure, just an obstacle. No problem," he smiled.

Ahna unni went ahead and played her composed piece of music on her ipad. Exactly what I said, it's American music.

"Not bad for a trainee.." Seyoung unni said.

"Were you born in America?" The song writer asked.

"No," Ahna unni answered.

"Your music and your look... They're a lot like American," he said.

Ahna unni smiled, "I'm fully Korean. Well, my grandma is Albanian but partially.. I am Korean. I was born here also," she said.

"Ahhh~~" they nodded, "No wonder you have some foreign figures,"

Ahna unni smiled.

"Now the music." they turned serious, "You're assignment is to compose your own song by what you have learned and adapt them into your own taste of music. Do you think you've done it good enough?"

"Ne!" Unni determined.

"Why?" JYP asked.

"Because I tried my best, it's what I have learned, it's my own original piece of music, and most importantly, it's my taste of music." She stated with a clear angelic voice.

JYP and the other teachers smirked, some smiled.

"Preach!" Semra unni cheered in a low voice that only us trainees can hear.

"Why weren't there any lyrics?" The song writer asked.

"Oh!" Sora snickered. Her voice was saying, "Nice question! Yeah Ahna, why weren't there any lyrics?" I can see it in her smile.

I looked back at Ahna unni. I know the answer. It is because it did this song at the last minute. She's a procrastinator, like all of us.

"Can I ask back if the music was nice or not?" She asked.

"Oh?" I wondered. What is she doing?

"The assignment was to use what ever we learned from the composing class. All we learned was how to make music, not lyrics. Plus, the main thing I want to represent you is the music, not lyrics. Some melody I heard from my group member sounded really good. I loved it. When lyrics were put in, they blocked out the beautiful noises that made me only hear words instead of notes," Ahna unni said without a hesitate. "JYP-nim, didn't you tell us that the most important was to feel the music?"