Kabanata 16

River

I stared right through my reflection on the vanity mirror.

You know what? Hindi naman ako pangit.

That was what I was thinking while looking at the mirror image of myself. Ginala ko ang mata sa bawat sulok ng repleksyon ko. My features are all on point. I just really have to work on my skin problem.

I nodded. That's it. If anything, I'm actually blessed in my other facial aspects. Sa unang tingin nga lang ay hindi agad iyon lumilitaw dahil mas kapansin-pansin ang mga tumutubo sa balat ko. Nadadaig at natatabunan ang mga magagandang bagay ng mga maliliit na depekto. But anyway, with or without these pimples and acnes, I still think I'm pretty. I'm certainly beautiful in my own way.

I don't know what got into me. Basta nagising na lang ako na magaan yung pakiramdam ko. Maganda at masarap ang umaga ko.

I gave off one last smile at my reflection before I stood up. Dinala ko na rin ang gamit ko palabas.

Pagbukas ko pa lang ng pinto ay bahagya na 'kong natigilan. I was welcomed with the view of Sky on the couch with Felo. He might have felt my presence cause his gaze then turned to me.

It's amazing how the beam in his eyes can turn from zero to one hundred real quick.

"Let's go?" he asked.

I puckered my lips to stop it from curving before I nodded.

I still can't believe I had my breakfast this morning with him. That's a huge deal because Sky rarely eats breakfast. I mean, the not so heavy to heavy types of breakfast. He just drinks hot beverages and he's good to go. While on the opposite, I'm the breakfast type of person. By that, I mean I don't let a day go by without me having breakfast. I'm one of those people who believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But today, he actually.. ate breakfast

With me.

My day really seems bright so far. A pleasant expression was plastered on my face as we got inside the car. I was glad that Sky even turned on the stereo before he drove off. The sweet and catchy tune of Green Tea & Honey by Dane Amar immediately filled my ears. It makes me want to gracefully sway my body with the beat.

I enjoyed the view from outside as I listened attentively to the lyrics of the song.

"Girl you don't know, nah
What you do to me
When I see that crinkle on your nose
I wonder if you fluently just
Do you
Like you do so effortlessly
I want you right next to me
I want you to be my,"

My lips can't help but lift at the cute melody of the music.

"Be my, my
Green Tea in the morning
Be my, my sugar honey
You're just so great,"

Something delightfully tugged at my heart. Since the past few days, I can't help but put color on every song I hear whenever Sky and I are together. 

It was like.. Music had been another form of communication for us.

"It's so lovely, can't complain
One day I'll give you my name
If you're down
If you're down,"

My lips parted at the latest phrase. I can't help but think about things. Something within me glinted at the message of the song.