Epilogue

Conquer

"Ba't feeling ko ang panget.." she said while staring at her reflection on the full length mirror.

"No, baby. Ang ganda." I opposed without even blinking. "Sobra,"

She scrunched her nose playfully. Tumalikod siya sa salamin at humarap sakin.

"Bagay?" she asked.

I nodded.

"Yes. Bagay na bagay," I straightly said.

She still seems troubled. 

"Nahihirapan akong pumili.."

She sat beside me and took out her phone.

"May picture ako habang sukat ko yung dalawang pinagpipilian ko. Help me decide," she stated while swiping on the screen.

When she found what she was looking for, she then turned her phone on me.

"Alin ba mas maganda?" she asked. "Ito or ito?"

Kinuha ko ang telepono sa kamay niya at sinuri ang tinutukoy niya. I repeatedly swiped back and forth the screen to scan the two photos of her. Then I eventually faced the screen to her.

"Itong isa pinaka maganda," I said while pointing at her face on the first one.

Both her brows raised in comprehension as she nodded. She was about to get back her phone but I wasn't finish yet.

"Tapos ito," I swiped for the next one. "Isa pang pinaka maganda,"

Nabitin sa ere ang kamay niya. She stared at me momentarily while her lips were parted in awe.

"Both looks really looks good in you.." I sighed lightly. "It's hard to pick just one,"

Then she eventually shook her head lightly while suppressing a smile.

"You're hyping me so much, Sky." she said. "Baka lumaki ang ulo ko nyan.."

My eyes lingered on her face. I can feel its lids getting heavy as they blinked peacefully at the lovely view in front of me.

"You deserve all the hype, baby.." I reached for her cheek to give it a gentle caress. "Believe me. You do..."

I can still clearly remember the very first time I laid my eyes on her. 

"Remember the one I've always told you about, Sky?" my mom enthusiastically asked while we're going down the stairs. "The one that you're going to marry in the future?"