Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

-KYLE BESS

I decide on getting a bit of work done until Yanga walks into the lounge.

“You ok?”

I ask as he throws himself on the couch

“I just broke up with Tif”

He says, for some reason i’m not surprised. Nobody at home ever liked the girl, she was never good enough for Yanga.

“I’m sorry”

I say returning my attention to the screen

“What happened?”

I ask

“Not that you really sorry, none of you ever liked her”

He starts off and I chuckle

“Well you can't blame us. That girl never loved you bro and you’ve let so much of her shiit go”

I say and he rolls his eyes

“I never let anything go, I love Tif”

He says defensively, I shoot him a look and he shrugs

“Yanga you busy with your studies and working, you obviously don’t have enough time and what does she do? Complain that you don’t have enough time for her, she tried to come between us oh and how can I forget how she’s always complaining that you don’t open up enough. Your family has secrets that need to be kept from the public Yanga and she doesn’t want to accept that. Honestly I’m glad things are over between you guys”

I say honestly and he sighs loudly

“It's like you’ve been waiting to say all this”

He says and I chuckle

“Honestly? I have been. I’ve been wanting to lay it on you for quite some time now and nobody either than you will be sad you let her go. You will meet a girl whom you going to fall in love with and things are going to be perfect between you two”

I say and he chuckles

“Wow. So what about you and your other family?”

He asks and I chuckle

“We weren't talking about me here but you”

I say and he laughs

“the tables have turned, how are things there?”

He asks and I sigh

“I don’t know man. Kate is a great parent, she really is and we get along so well but I just get this weird vibe from her husband you know”

I say and he nods

“Even if you don’t like her husband, you still have siblings that you need to maintain a relationship with. They need you as much as we need you Kyle”