Chapter 66

-YANGA BESS

The drive to my apartment is quiet, Mercy and I have argued before but then I had known that come nightfall she and I would already be on speaking terms but this time it's different because I seriously fucked up and I don’t think she would ever forgive me for this. I insisted on driving her to my place and she fought me but she eventually gave in. We’ve got her medication from the pharmacy and are now driving in the complex I live in. I open the car door and then walk over to open for her, I offer my hand but she smacks it away from her. I let out a sigh. When I turn around I am met by a slap across my face, it's Aya

“I cannot believe you Yanga! Uyinja mntana ka mama shame! (You’re a dog brother!)

She says angrily and hits me with her purse too

“You don’t deserve Mercy! I’m definitely telling mom about this and I hope she beats you up senseless”

She says and then walks over to hug Mercy tightly. I let out a breath, mom will definitely give me hell for this, talking Aya out of telling mom about this will definitely be a job and a half. I follow them inside while Aya throws curses and sly comments at me in between comforting Mercy. Looking back from when they first met to how they are I would have never thought that Aya would be the one standing up for Mercy considering how close she and I are. 

“Aya I’d like to speak to Mercy alone please”

I say walking into my room where Mercy is sitting on the bed and Aya is packing her things for her. She stops with a t-shirt in her hand

“Why? So you can lie to her? Tell her stories about how it was a mistake and it will never happen again? No that’s not going to happen Yanga. In fact get out”

She says, I look at Mercy with pleading eyes but she doesn’t react. I never knew my actions would come with me hurting her the way I have. Tiara was supposed to be a mere distraction, there's nothing wow about her because I get everything I’ve ever needed from Mercy and more, my greed got the best of me and I let it and now I’m paying the price for it

“Go to your stupid psychotic ugly ass girlfriend”

Aya yells, i take a deep breath and leave the room because I know my sister won't stop throwing a tantrum

.

.

-MACELLA BROWN

I am grateful to have Aya as my sister but at the end of the day she is Yanga’s sister and not mine and sooner or later she and him will be back to normal, I sadly can't say the same for me and his family. Yes they took me in and loved me but now that our relationship is over lord knows what's going to happen to me. I knew getting with him would possibly ruin the relationship I have with his parents and siblings but the heart wanted what it wanted and now I’ll have to pay the price. I could forgive him flirting with some girl but this? Today? I don’t think I can. Yes I love him still and I hate myself for loving him after what he did but I can't help it.

Aya packs for me and when she’s done she helps me head to her car with my pills and then we drive to her apartment

“What’s going to happen from hereon?”

Aya asks me after a while of silence

“I don’t know”

I say with a heavy sigh

“You know you have a home at my parents house right?”

She reminds me and I chuckle dryly

“Your parents are Yanga’s parents Aya, I’m just some street kid Yaya picked up from the streets and cleaned up”

I say and she shoots me a look when we get to the robots

“You are not some street kid. You are my sister! You and Yanga breaking up even though there's a high chance that you and him will talk it over and move on but you are my parents daughter and we all love you. I hope you know that you going to have to talk to mom”

She says

“I’m not talking to Yaya about this. You are not going to tell her either Aya”

I say and she doesn’t respond

“Aya promise me you not going to tell Yaya!”

She rolls her eyes

“Fine you win. Mercy whatever you do please don’t get back together with Yanga.”

She says in a pleading tone

“I’m not the kind of sister that’s going to convince you to forgive him. Women need to stop normalizing the cheating of a man. A man cheating is not a relationship struggling or hurdle you and your partner need to overcome. Say you forgive him, do you think he’s going to learn his lesson? No he won't because the first time he cheated he was testing how you going to react and now that he’s seen your reaction and you maybe foolishly forgive him chances are he’ll cheat again and again until you learn your worth and never ever think twice about forgiving a man cheating on you. Know you worth Macella Brown before it is too late”

She says, I take a while and process what she’s just said to me

“I could comfort you and tell you that you going to be fine and what not and it's true you are going to be fine when the time comes but what I’m telling you nobody else will. I love you Macella and I care about you a lot and I know that I wouldn’t want you to experience this again, being raised by Derrick Bess I was taught to never forgive a man that has cheated on me because he would never forgive you if tables were turned. When you think of forgiving his lying cheating ass I want you to imagine him sucking and eating her pussy with the same mouth he kissed you with”

She says and I find myself laughing

“Aya that is disgusting! I don’t need that image in my mind”

I complain and she laughs

“Exactly! That image had better be burnt in her mind, every time he tries to sweet talk you I want you to think of that ok because that’s what's a man thinks of when he’s faced with forgiving his woman for cheating on him”

She says proudly, we drive in her complex

“You’re disgusting Aya! Thank you”

I say turning to her

“You are most welcome. Now is the time for you to allow yourself to cry the whole weekend and when you stop make sure you never cry about this again. Rebuild yourself and pick yourself up and move forward. I don’t know what you going through but don’t allow life to pass you by over this because his life will continue moving whether you in it or not and stay away from social media!”

.

.

To Be Continued