Chapter 62

-MACELLA BROWN
I’m on Instagram scrolling through my feeds when I come across a picture of Tiara that looks exactly like one I had posted yesterday with the same hairstyle as mine, I like it and then comment “Hey Twinny” with a heart emoji. She and I have grown so close in such a short period of time. Talking to her feels like talking to myself, she’s such an interesting character.
“She looks just like you”
Someone says from behind me and I look up, it's my friend Milan, I smile
“she’s someone I met the last time I went to visit Yanga”
I say and then she walks around the bench and sits next to me
“may i?
she says and I hand her my phone
“It's creepy though, I mean you and I are friends but I wouldn’t go as far as doing the same hairstyle and buying the exact same top then take the same picture as you did. Watchout for creeps out there hone”
She says handing me my phone, I chuckle
“You really digging into nothing here babe, maybe she likes my style or something”
I say with a shrug and she holds out her hand
“Lets check out her previous posts, shall we?”
I chuckle and log back into my Instagram and go to her account then hand her the phone and she starts scrolling
“You posted a picture of your breakfast and so did she”
She says holding both phones showing me both accounts
“Coincidence maybe? I didn’t know this person until last week and this post if from 2 months ago”
I say and she nods
“Ok lets call it a coincidence. You posted your nails and she went and had the same nails done”
She says turning the phones to me
“I don’t know Mercy but this girl seems to be a creep”
I laugh
“Milan you are overreacting. Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now?”
I say and she shrugs scrolling through both our phones and keeps showing me our posts and the dates
“Ok it's creepy now”
I finally admit and she shoots me a look
“See what I mean? You don’t want to find yourself in a situation where this girl is obsessed with you or something. I would really watch out if I were you”
She warns
“Speaking from experience?”
I ask her and she nods
“Yes actually, hence I’m sceptical of the friends I make”
She says and I laugh
“Yeah well you came onto me so I wouldn’t really call you sceptical”
She laughs
“You were different ok! Plus I loved your work”
She says and I smile
“So what happened with you?”
I ask her
“My stalker started off slowly. She would like my pictures and comment on my pictures and post pictures similar to mine but I never made anything out of it I mean we all have a posting pattern for our Instagram. We slowly became friends, when I got a boyfriend she also got a boyfriend and the guy was like my boyfriend but I never thought much of it until she got all friendly with my boyfriend, he warned me to stay away from her but you know how we girls can be about our friends. This one time she snuck into his apartment, she had stolen his key from me, he was really sloshed and so she blind folded him and made him to believe she was me and yeah well the rest is history”
She says carelessly and then I remember of a story Boobie once told us about how Iyana came about
“Sounds like a story my grandmother once told me about, I didn’t think there were sick people out there. I mean such things you only ever hear of them in movies or read about them in books”
I say still in awe
“all I’m going to say is watch out, maybe keep your distance away from this girl. I mean it makes no sense why she would do all of this”
She says and I nod
“But she doesn’t know me”
I say and she shoots me a look
“You sure she doesn’t? How did you and her even meet?”
I shrug
“I was at this other clothing store window shopping and we clicked”
She nods
“Maybe we overthinking things and she’s not a psycho but just someone who likes you and admires you but hone do watch out. Obsessions are dangerous”
She warns and then stands up
“Lets go to studio and work on Friday’s work”
She suggests holding her hand out to me, I place mine in hers and she helps me stand up. We make our way to studio. I switch off my phone the minute we walk in studio then start working on our art
“How far are you with your sculptures?”
I ask her
“I’m left with this one I’m working on, you?”
She asks me
“Done with the sculptures and working on this other painting. I’m still undecided of the colours”
I say
“Let me see it and maybe I can help”
She offers and I shake my head no
“I’d love to but I don’t trust people with my work”
She laughs and holds her hands out as if surrendering
“Ok hone understood”
She says and then walks to her station. I decide to switch my phone on since I had sent the painting to Yaya asking for her opinion and the minute it's on missed calls start to flood my notification tray and it's mostly Tiara. I decide to call Yaya first
“Hey Yaya”
I say
“Hey baby, I tried calling you”
She says
“I know, I’m in studio about to work on that painting I sent you”
I tell her, my phone beeps an incoming call and it's Tiara, I decline it
“I saw it and it's looks amazing. Your colour scheme is different than normal and that’s exactly what you want with your work”
She says
“I don’t know Yaya, I feel like it's missing something”
I tell her
“It's missing your touch. This particular painting is not you honey, your either a street artist or you not and there's nothing wrong with exploring but remember you in competition over there. Those students were picked out amongst dozens of other great artists, if you feel like you missing something then find that something and put it in your work”
She says and I giggle
“Thank you Yaya, I’ll send it to you when I’m done”
She chuckles
“Surely this is called cheating of some sort but ok love”
.
.
To Be Continued