Chapter 63

ONE WEEK LATER
-MACELLA BROWN
The school art show went great, I had an amazing support system there with me. I could never thank the Bess family enough for always being there for me everytime I need them. Tiara also showed up, ever since Milan’s warning about her I’ve distanced myself a little from her and more vigilant about the amount of time I spend with her or talking to her. It's been a week since the show now, it's Friday and I am visiting Yanga at his place. I don’t think I have ever been so confused by a man, one minute he and I are good and the next we are arguing over nothing.
“You good?”
He asks the minute I get inside the car
“I’m good thank you and how are you?”
He shrugs
“I’ve been ok. Thank you for coming over”
He says and I nod fastening my seatbelt. He drives off
“How’s school been?”
I shrug
“Ok, the work load has been insane. Do you remember the friend I told you about?”
He shrugs
“You don’t have many friends babe”
I giggle and shove him lightly
“I really need a life huh”
He nods
“Anyway. Tiara is pregnant and she says her boyfriend is cheating on her, what a cow!”
I tell him and he shrugs
“That’s sad”
I nod
“I know right. I would probably burn your dick with acid if you cheated on me and I found out”
He chokes
“That’s brutal. Why attack the dick though?”
I shrug
“I don’t know, because it's the dick that’s making you’re a hoe all of a sudden”
I say and he chuckles
“Why are we even having this conversation. I’m not cheating on you and I wouldn’t dare do that to you”
He says and kisses my hand, I can't help smile
“Just a fair warning though, don’t try me Yanga Bess”
He rolls his eyes
“Yeah, I won't”
He says whilst focused on the road. We get to his block of apartments, he parks the car and we both get off then he takes my bag and I head up with the keys in my hand
“I have to go back to school since there's a few things I need to take care of”
He says when we walk in
“Oh”
He turns me to him placing my bag on the floor
“Give me 2 hours max ok? My laptop is right where it always is and you know the password”
He says and kisses my parted lips
“Ok babe. I will see you when you get back then”
I say and then he takes my bag to the room then he heads out with his key. I get ontop of the bed and switch on his laptop. I try to watch a movie but instead I end up logging onto his Instagram and stalking celebrities and make up artists until a notification pops up in his DMs from Tiara’s handle. My curiosity gets the best of me and I open his DMs, she’s tagged him on her story with a screenshot of Ariana Grande’s ‘Break up with your girlfriend’, I take my phone and check the story she posted and there's nothing of this sort leaving me really confused. He responds to her with laughing emojies and a text saying ‘keep dreaming hone’. I scroll up their conversations and from what I’ve gathered these people have been seeing each other and sending each other nudes every now and then. My throat becomes dry and I feel a lump grow in throat and my chest closing up. I cannot believe that this whole time I’ve been advising her she’s been talking about my boyfriend. I continue to scroll until I feel my soul leave my body because of the messages they have been sending to each other. When you go detective mode you even go as far as comparing dates and from what I have gathered is that on the times he and I were arguing, he was busy talking to her, when I couldn’t reach him he was probably with her. Tiara knew about me because in some texts she tells him she is with me and what not, he even tells her to stay away from me. I shut the laptop full speed trying to think of my next move. Do I confront the girl or do I confront him? What do I do? I think of calling Yaya but then she is Yanga’s mother and she will always choose her son over a stranger. I decide to call Aya instead because I really need someone to talk to.
“Hey you”
She answers
“Yanga is cheating on me with a girl I thought was my friend”
I say all at once
“Woah. Slow down, what?”
She asks
“He’s cheating on me Aya or cheating on her with me. I don’t know anymore”
I say
“And you saying this girl is your friend?”
She confirms
“I thought she was, not anymore”
I spit out
“Beat her at her own game. Go over to her place unannounced and cry your heart out to her, let her comfort you while you tell her about him cheating”
She suggests
“Aya I’m serious”
She chuckles
“So am i. You not going to confront Yanga, let her tell him about you knowing. Beat them at their own game, play them for fools as they’ve been playing you for a fool honey. If you confront him then he’s only going to lie to you even more, if you seek comfort from this bitch then it will make him nervous and have him acting right all of a sudden”
I find myself laughing at Aya’s suggestion
“I don’t think I can pull it off, I am too angry”
I tell her
“You can sit there and cry until he comes back and he lies to you or you can do as I’m suggesting and let them pay for this. Yanga can't get away with messing with your heart like this”
I chuckle
“You crazy”
She laughs
“And I know you crazy too hence I even suggested this to you because I know you can pull it off. When you are done with him then you can come over to me and cry your heart out while we eat ice cream and drink wine”
she says and I laugh dryly in disbelief that I am actually considering this
“I’m serious. Mercy I know you and I know you love my brother but I don’t want to see history repeat itself. Mom went through this with dad because she loved him, it messed her up too damn much and I don’t want the same fate for you. When you do decide to leave him, make sure that he learns to never mess with a good woman again. He must be allergic to cheating when you don’t with him”
.
.
To Be Continued