Chapter 86

-MISOKUHLE BESS

Aya's room and Yanga were the most damaged since they are next to each other and the spare bedroom at the bottom of Aya's room but either than that the rest of the house is fine I guess. Our parents are probably on their way home because there's no way they don't know about what happened especially since the news jumped at the opportunity to catch the smoke in action. Lord knows who took videos and posted them but then again Derrick Bess's house on fire is news nowadays.

The cleaning company came and cleaned up the lot they could from the party which leaves us with Aya's room and Yanga's. Either than that we are all fine including Buttercup who managed to get out safely.

"You should drive her home. Mom and dad are on their way and they are going to want to know everything"

Kyle says pointing at Yolanda, I nod as we head upstairs to my room. We take a quick shower together and then I drive her to her crib, we don't say much either than to listen to the radio

"How do you think your parents are going to react?"

She finally asks after we place out orders at a drive through

"I don't know, we'll probably be grounded for the rest of our lives"

.

.

-YANGA BESS

"Help me understand what exactly happened?"

Kyle asks, we are all sitting in the lounge, Aya is washed up and is wearing Mercy's clothes since hers got burnt in the room

"Tiara sneaked into the party and held Aya hostage in her room, when Mercy went to check up on Aya she did the same and then called me and well she drugged me and held us all hostage"

I explain

"I'm looking for the part where she was with someone. I mean how could this happen? She's tiny, how the hell did all of this mess happen? It doesn't make any sense"

Kyle says and Clark touches his hand trying to calm him

"If you hadn't messed with this girl Yanga none of this would have happened in the first place! We warned you, we told you not to mess with her and what did you go on and do?"

He yells getting all up in my face angry

"I'm not a child, you don't have to yell at me. I realise what I did and I feel bad about it ok. I brought her into our lives and I hate myself enough for it"

I fire back, Aya gets between us

"It's no use fighting between ourselves. What happened, happened and we paid the price. Can we just figure out a way forward?"

She says and then walks to sit down on the couch, I sit my ass back down and so does Kyle

"I've spoken to someone about the damages and it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get the house back in shape"

Kyle explains

"It's just two rooms affected by the fire"

I say with a shrug

"Yeah but those rooms were wired and they messed up the rest of the house's wiring and lets not forget the piping. A lot of work needs to be done"

He explains, I get up and excuse myself to get some water. Tiara has been taken care off, her sister was contacted and we came to learn that she is schizophrenic. She is currently being taken to a place where she can get the help she needs. I walk back to the lounge with 2 water bottles in case someone needs water.

"I'm leaving. Call me on Roland's phone when the parents get here"

Aya says getting up

"You leaving? Why?"

I ask her

"For one I am tired and I just want to be out of here for a couple of hours"

She says, I nod

"Bye guys, see you later"

She says and then she and Roland leave. Miso walks in and throws the keys on the table

"Where's she going?"

He asks

"To rest. She's been through enough"

I say and he nods throwing himself on the couch

"So how bad is the damage?"

He asks

"It will take about 4 to 6 weeks to fix the whole house"

.

.

-YANDISWA BESS

"how bad is the damage?"

I ask Bess after he's spoken to someone who was at the house to inspect the damage. We are on a flight back home. He shakes his head

"It's bad, 4 to 6 weeks. Might even be 8 weeks. I don't know. It's really bad. They have to redo the entire wiring in the house and the plumbing in Aya's room, Yanga and whatever room was affected by this"

He explains, I let out a heavy sigh

"how are the children?"

I ask him

"I am going to kill them. This, this was just extra"

Melo says, I place my hand over his knee and he places his over mine

"As long as they are all fine"

I say and he shakes his head

"I feel like we've let them get away with every little mess they've made. Their allowance money is going into fixing that house. They should have known better than to have a party!"

He says gritting his teeth in anger, it's funny because I'm usually the one that's over worked up over these things that the kids do but now tables have turned

"Lets just hope there's more to the story than what we've heard. I mean it's not like it's the first time they've had a party in our absence"

I say

"They shouldn't even be having parties in my house to begin with. This is disrespect on another level Yandiswa"

He says and I raise my eyebrows with my eyes widened

"I understand you are mad and all but I didn't do anything wrong here. The kids were wrong but I think you really need to calm down. It's just a house Melokuhle, we can get it fixed or get another one for that matter but we can never replace the kids. Lets be happy that they are still alive and none of them is hurt ok?"

He lets out a sigh

"If we don't do anything then they won't see anything wrong with their actions."

He says and I chuckle

"You act as if you were the perfect son Bess"

I say kissing his cheek to calm him down

"They were wrong yes but lets not judge them without getting the whole story first. They would never burn the house down, it must have been a mistake or something but you know our kids Melo"

Our plane lands and we both get off and then get into the car that's supposed to drive us home

"This is not fine, why are you so calm? You usually the one worked up?"

He asks and I chuckle and shrug

"Because I know our children and I know that there's a reasonable explanation for this"

.

.

To Be Continued