Chapter 55

-MISOKUHLE BESS

Losing my grandfather has taken a toll on everyone of us, you can't compare this thing known as pain but it's all affected us and some people deal with the pain better than others. I have shut down from social media and everything else, I don’t respond to calls and people that really need me get me from one of my siblings.

My father decided to drag us to town with him today to do last minute funeral shopping, it's been a crazy week for everyone and the house has been a little over crowded but the noise is fun because we get to bond with our cousins.

“Will this be enough?”

I ask Yanga who is busy on his phone

“Yeah”

He says still not paying attention

“Nigga come on! Focus!”

I say annoyed, I don’t like that Yanga is messing around while Mercy is here and she loves him a lot

“Ok you have my attention”

He finally says looking at the coal I just dumped in the trolley

“I think it should be enough, I mean it's not going to be a big funeral”

He says

“What you doing to Mercy is not right”

I say and the push the trolley

“What are you talking about?”

He asks me looking clueless

“Nigga don’t play with me. She loves you and you should treat her right”

He chuckles

“Stop being dramatic, I’m not cheating on Mercy”

He says defensively

“Cheating starts with a little harmless flirting. When she lives you you going to regret ever messing with her like this. Best you stop this nonsense before it becomes a problem, she is not worth it”

I say and then walk away from him to find dad and Kyle

“Got everything?”

Dad asks and I nod

“Yep, this should be enough right?”

I ask and he looks at the trolley

“I think so, let me hit your mom up with a text and hear what she thinks”

He says

“I don’t think this fruit will be enough though, maybe we should get the one from a wholesaler”

Kyle suggests

“We don’t want something that will stay there for days and fruit doesn’t really last for long hey”