Chapter 67

-YANGA BESS
“Are you sick?”
Mom asks, we talking over the phone
“No, why?”
I ask confused
“Because I got an email reporting that the medical aid had been used”
She tells me
“Oh, it was nothing. I took Mercy to the hospital, had a little accident”
I report
“how little is this accident? You better not have made that child get an abortion Yanga!”
I chuckle
“I would never. She fell down a flight of stairs”
I tell her
“is she ok? Where is she? I want to talk to her. Yanga what happened?”
She says sounding in panic
“she has a phone mom, relax would you. She is fine and the doctor discharged her”
I say calmly as to not alarm her. I think the thing about lying is that once you are used to it you even begin to believe your own lies.
“Ok, I’ll call her now. Take care of yourself ok?”
She says
“I will, bye mom. I love you”
I say
“I love you too baby. Bye”
She cuts the call on me. I let out a breath I didn’t even know I had been holding back. I don’t think Mercy could ever forgive me for this and I honestly wouldn’t blame her because I really messed up and I don’t deserve her and that’s what I’m mostly afraid off, losing her.
.
.
-MACELLA BROWN
To see your boyfriend cheating on you and to hear about him cheating are two different things. When you hear about it, you imagine him with her but when you actually see them together that image doesn’t leave your mind easily.
I am grateful to have Aya rescue me but now she can't always be by my side 24/7, a time comes when I’m alone and all I can think about is everything that happened. The messages between them and seeing them together today with my own eyes. It hurts, it hurts like hell. I don’t know what a spear to the heart feels like but I think I can liken heartbreak to that. It feels like something is being drove into your heart deeper and deeper and there's just no way to pull it out, your chest tightens up making it hard to breathe so bad that you feel like you suffocating and you going to die any second, a lump forms on your throat and no matter how much you cry, the tears don’t want to stop and you trying to convince yourself that you strong doesn’t make the pain go away at all instead it's like it's making you worse.
It is my first time being in a relationship and I can officially say that I am done with relationships if this is how men treat you for loving them without hoping or expecting anything in return.
My train of depression is disturbed by a phonecall from Yaya, I’m hesitant to answer because I’m afraid my voice might give me away that I’d been crying but also if I don’t answer then she’s going to give me grief. I take a couple of deep breaths in and out trying so hard to sound as live as I possibly can
“Hello my baby”
She says as soon as I answer. You know how when you are going through something and only your mother has the power to make you feel better? I don’t have a mother but Yaya has been a mother to me and more. Yaya has done so much for me in such a short space of time and hearing her voice right now a tear slides down my cheek
“Hey Yaya”
I say, we have worked so hard to build a relationship whereby I can be open with her about anything and she’s done that with all of her children. The problem with taking advice from Aya is that her advice is from watching from the sidelines, she has never experienced being cheated on before and talking to Yaya might actually help me
“You don’t sound ok? Yanga told me you fell down a flight of stairs, are you ok?”
She asks with so much concern in her voice
“May I come home please?”
I ask her as tears roll down my cheeks and my nose drying up making it hard to breathe
“Of cause honey, you can always come home. Macella is everything ok? You don’t sound ok my baby”
She says, I remove the phone from my ear and sniff a little while wiping my eyes and then return to my ear
“I’m fine Yaya, just in pain that’s all. I’ll take the next flight there”
I say
“Ok baby, see you when you land ok? Call me to fetch you”
She says
“Ok Yaya, bye”
I say and then quickly drop the call and let the tears roll down my cheeks. It hurts a lot!
.
.
-YANGA BESS
“Hey brother”
Kyle answers his phone when I’m about to give up
“hey”
I say accompanying my greeting with a heavy sigh
“You good? You sound drained”
He asks
“I fucked up”
I say honestly
“What do you mean you fucked up?”
He asks confused
“I mean I fucked up. Mercy broke it off with me”
I respond, he goes silent for a while. I’ll be honest, my relationship with my brothers who are my best friends took a hit the minute I started cheating on Mercy, we barely talk as much as we used to nor do I visit as much as I used to. It just took a terrible hit and I miss them, I need them. Yes they warned me and I didn’t listen but now I really need my brothers more than anything.
“How did she find out?”
He asks
“I think she read my Instagram DM’s with Tiara and then she went over to Tiara’s place and she saw us together. It was all just a mess Kyle and I don’t know how to fix it”
I say with defeat
“what are you willing to do to fix things?”
He asks and I frown
“I’m willing to do anything to win her back. I can't lose her over this, Tiara and I were meaningless”
I say defensively
“Be as it may but you the same one that said Tiara was pregnant with your child. Yanga give Macella a break, don’t bother her with texts everyday and what not. Just leave her be”
He says and I shake my head as if he can see me
“No, I can't do that. I won't do that Kyle, she needs to know and see how sorry I am”
He chuckles
“being sorry and knowing why you sorry are two different things. Yanga if you hadn’t been caught then you wouldn’t have stopped things with this girl. You messed up and you should take ownership of your fuck ups, Mercy needs time and space away from you, when she is ready she’ll probably talk to you or answer your texts but until then let her be angry, let her be sad, let her be mad. Give her as much time as she needs, you cheated on her and getting over being cheated on takes a whole lot of time to get over, especially when you loved your partner”
.
.
To Be Continued