Chapter 87

-MACELLA BROWN

We sit in the lounge and wait for mom and dad as they look through the house assessing the damage done. When they are done they come back in the lounge and sit down on the double couch.

"I want to know everything. From the very beginning to how you guys managed to burn 3 bedrooms"

Dad says, we all steal glances at each other. Just then Aya walks in with Roland, I doubt she got enough sleep.

"Mom, dad"

She greets

"Great, everyone is here"

Dad says as Aya and Roland sit down

"This week I was being followed around by a car I don't know but I didn't think much to it, in fact I took it lightly a..."

Mom cuts her off

"You were being followed by a car and you didn't think to tell us? Ayandiswa!"

Mom scolds

"This is why I didn't say anything because I knew you would overreact"

Aya shoots back

"You are our daughter, how is caring about you overreacting huh?"

Dad asks

"May I continue?"

Aya asks and dad sighs

"Fine but we are not done with this conversation"

He says and Aya nods

"At the party Roland was like a tale, everywhere I went he was there because he was the one I told after Mercy convinced me to tell someone else. So during the party I needed to use the loo and well Roland was a tale behind me until he got a phone call and I managed to ditch him. I went into the spare bathroom here downstairs and well there was someone in but she said she was done. I don't know what happened but the next thing I remember was waking up in my bed. She told me that Miso had carried me to my room"

Mom looks at Miso

"In my defence she told me that she found Aya drunk and passed out in the bathroom and so I helped take her to her room. She told me she and Aya were in the same class and that she needed to use the ladies and so I left to return to the party"

Miso explains defensively

"That was careless of you Miso. You don't leave your sister with a stranger"

Dad says and Miso shrugs

"It wasn't his fault and it was a lady so there really wasn't much to think off dad. Anyway when I woke up I noticed it was Tiara"

Mom squints her eyes trying to think

"The same Tiara that Yanga cheated on Mercy with"

Aya clarifies

"I don't understand"

Mom says

"It was her plan all along, she dosed my room and me with paraffin. Mercy walked into the room and with water when Tiara covered her with a cloth I think. But she tied her up next to the curtain below my window and then she called up Yanga to join us telling him about us being in the room and dosed in paraffin with her holding a lighter ready to set us on fire if he dare comes with anyone to the room"

Aya narrates and dad jumps for Yanga and holds him with the his t-shirt making him stand up

"When someone threatens your sisters lives, how do you not think to call someone for back up?"

Dad ask gritting his teeth angrily, mom places her hand on dad's arm

"Would you have called for back up if mom's life was threatened?"

Yanga challenges,

"These are my daughters you gambled with Yanga!"

Dad yells at him

"Honey calm down, let Yanga go"

Mom pleads

"If memory serves you gambled with mom's life when you let Miranda into her life. Yazy's death is in your hands"

Mom clasps her mouth in shock

"Oh you're a man now? You suddenly think you can talk any how with me? Ok, lets fight since you and I are the same age now. Since you can speak to me any how in my house that you had your psycho ex girlfriend try to burn down"

Dad says shoving him, he falls back and then gets up

"Dad I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that

Yanga apologises

"No, you meant what you said. I killed Yasmin right?"

Dad challenges

"Both of you just stop! Yanga get out!"

Mom says, I cannot begin to describe the shock from everyone right now

"You too Derrick. Get out!"

Yaya says

"This is my house and I am not leaving Yandiswa, it's this disrespectful son of yours that needs to leave. You throw a party in my house, have your floozy ex try to burn my daughters alive and then you have the nerve to blame me for my dead daughter's death? Leave Yanga, I never want to see you anywhere near my house again or anywhere near these girls"

Dad says

"Fine, both of you stay and I will leave because I can't stand neither of you!"

Yaya says and grabs the keys from the table and rushes out leaving us confused more than anything as to what just happened.

"get out of my house. When I get back you better be gone!"

Dad says and follows after mom

"That was low Yanga even for you. You weren't there, you don't know what happened with Yasmin or even before Yasmin"

Kyle says and then he walks out, Clark gets up and follows her man out of the room leaving me with Miso, Aya and Roland

"Well that just happened"

Miso says

"You can't shut your mouth can you? You just never stop! You always have to challenge dad"

Aya says and she shakes her head in disapproval

"You fucked up Yanga! Had you listened and stayed away from that Tiara girl then we wouldn't be in this mess right now. Had you kept quiet and let dad be angry and mad then this would have been avoided. Why can't you just be a child at times and accept that our parents are going to be parents at times and as their child you need to shut the fuck up sometimes and just take it in. You don't always have to have an answer for everything, you don't always have to have a come back, you don't always have to drag their past into this. I don't know how you going to fix this but you need to fix this. You've really messed up this time and I'm sorry to say but you really on your own. Roland lets get out of here"

Aya says and then they walk out of the room, Miso excuses himself leaving me with Yanga

"You went a little too far. That's no way to speak to your parents Yanga, I lost the only parent I have after having spoke words of hate to him and I live to regret it. Fix things with your parents. Don't leave the house without trying to fix things with them"

.

.

To Be Continued