Chapter 69

-TIARA
“you should call her”
I shake my head
“If you call her then she won't answer your calls”
I pace around the room
“How about you call Yanga instead?”
I tap my chin trying to decide if that’s really what I want to do
“I’m calling her. She needs to know I’m sorry”
I say taking my phone, I log onto my whatsapp and then go and check statuses and Mercy’s doesn’t display
“Why hasn’t she posted anything?”
I ask myself frustrated by her not posting anything. I check her contact and her profile picture doesn’t display anything nor does she have a written status
“Did she block me?”
I ask while sending her a text but it only displays one tick
“I can't believe she would block me. I only wanted to help show her that her boyfriend was crappy!”
.
.
-MACELLA BROWN
“Thank you mom, I needed to hear that”
I say to Yaya and she smiles
“You called me mom”
She says with the widest smile, I roll my eyes
“it's not that deep Yaya”
I say and she frowns
“You’re annoying. How are you feeling? Honestly”
She says, I let out a sigh
“It hurts, I need some time alone to just process everything”
She nods
“As you should, time heals all wounds my baby and this too will pass. I can't force you to stay away from him but know this, you are going to get over this and when you over it you going to look back and laugh at the whole situation”
I chuckle
“Do you ever look back and laugh at what you and your husband overcame?”
She nods
“I do, I’m happy with Melo but sometimes I do wonder what life would have been like had I left him instead. I always wonder if maybe I would have the kids I have now, would I be happy or miserable? I don’t know and I will never know because there's no do over in life. Instead we move and we keep pushing”
I nod
“I can't stay with him Yaya, I love him even after everything but I don’t think I’ll be able to forgive him for this mom”
I admit. I know it's still early to decide but I really don’t want to forgive him and I can only pray that I am not put in a position where I fall for his words and lose all senses. She presses a button on her remote and the gate opens, we drive in and then she parks inside the garage then we both get off. We make our way inside and meet dad in the kitchen, the kitchen has a connecting door that leads to the garage.
“Hey you”
Dad says pulling me into a hug, his hug is so warm and fatherly. Something about it is somewhat different from the one Yaya gave me
“How are you?”
He asks breaking the hug
“I’m good dad and how are you?”
I smile
“I’m ok”
I say and he smiles
“If you need me to punch some sense into him a couple of times just say the word”
He offers making me giggle
“I’m serious, he’s never too old to get a beating. Nobody messes with my daughter and gets away with it, even if it's my son”
He says making me laugh
“As much as I would appreciate that, it's ok dad. I’ll be fine”
I say and then walk past them and greet Boobie in the lounge and then take my bags up to my room. I take a minute to just appreciate this family God has given me. Yaya and Melo are more than the parents I would have asked for. They are everything to me, I’m assuming Aya told her dad what happened because Yaya and I only got here and Yaya didn’t call him to tell him anything
.
.
-YANGA BESS
“Mercy told me what happened”
Mom says after I’ve answered her call
“mom I’d really appreciate it if you stayed out of this”
She chuckles in disbelief
“I don’t know which part of your little brain believes that I met this child through you or something. Mercy is my daughter as much as you are my son and this nonsense you did is not acceptable Yanga. Your father and I have done everything, we built the kind of relationship we have with you guys to avoid such incidents. Yanga you cannot be going around hurting girls for no reasons”
She lectures
“And if it wasn’t Mercy would you still react the same way?”
She chuckles
“You really think I’m acting the way I am because you hurt Mercy? Yanga girls are not your play things. How would you feel if someone cheated on Aya huh? Would you be ok with it? Don’t be stupid, don’t make the same mistakes your father made with me. You not him and nor is Mercy me, I pray to God that she doesn’t forgive you so that you learn to never mess with a lady ever again!”
She says in a stern voice, I don’t respond
“How are you?”
She asks in a more motherly tone
“I’m ok, it hurts. I didn’t mean for things to get out of hand. I never wanted to hurt her like this mom”
I admit
“Then why did you?”
She asks, I exhale trying to think of the right answer but I can't find any
“I don’t know mom. I think I was greedy, Mercy is everything I could ever want in a woman, in a wife but my greed got the best of me and I messed up”
I admit to her, she lets out a sigh
“So what now?”
She asks and I frown
“I don’t understand”
I say
“I mean what now? Do you beg her to take you back, try and make things right with her or do you leave her be?”
I let out a sigh
“I love her mom”
I tell her
“And if you really did then you would have never cheated on her Yanga, you would have never done things this way”
I sigh
“You can beg her if you please but if you do, make sure that she is who you truly want and will never mess things up again. If marriage is really what you want with Mercy then you better be certain that you are done playing Yanga.”
She warns
“And if you were put in a position to choose between her and I, who would you choose?”
she chuckles
“Why would I have to choose? I love you both but no relationship ever goes back to how it used to be after the other partner has been unfaithful. You’ve scarred Mercy emotionally and whatever guy comes after her, he will have to work twice as hard to convince that not all men are like you”
.
.
To Be Continued