Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

-KYLE BESS

“It was dad. I have to go”

I say

“That’s so not fair, have you seen the time?”

Aya says rolling her eyes

“I work Aya. I’ll make it up to you guys some other time”

I say 

“What's going on?”

Yanga asks

“It's nothing you should worry yourself about”

I say dismissively

“I’m leaving with the car, you’ll have to request. Here are the keys to my place”

I say and he takes them not hiding just how annoyed he is. I leave my siblings and go to my car and drive off.

You know how they always say being the first born you become the deputy parent? Well it's true because I help carry the weight my parents carry on their shoulders so that the rest never have to. When there's an issue my parents call me first before the other kids and with dad being a judge we have no choice but for me to handle the case, he can't even be involved in this case or with the judge that might handle the case else it will jeopardize everything. 

I walk inside and follow the directions and spot dad’s jacket, Yaya is hidden from my view of them but knowing them they cuddling.

“Parents”

I say

“Son”

Dad says

“What's going on? You guys have blood?”

I ask, dad didn’t say much over the phone and also because the place I was in was quite noisy

“Sino and her husband got into a fight”

He says

“I’m assuming it's bad if we here”

I say and mom nods

“We don’t know how he’s doing”

She says and I frown

“Wait, Sino landed him in a hospital bed?”

I ask because I am shook. Sino is not a violent person so I am taken aback by this

“yep, he lost a lot of blood. I have to leave incase the cops come”

Dad says

“I understand”

I say

“I’m leaving too”

Mom says quickly, we both look at her