twenty four

After we slowly let go of each other, I slide inside the car and he comes to sit on the driver's seat. I don't say anything because I don't want to spoil how content I feel inside in this moment. I've never before spent a day with James, or had done anything like that him ever before.

It just makes me crave more.

I like him, there's absolutely no doubt in my head about that after today. I know how difficult it is for him to express, but his actions have been saying a lot too, leaving me utterly satisfied.

"When will you be back tomorrow?" He asks, his eyes coming to meet mine.

"I'm really not sure, probably after breakfast?" I offer and he nods.

"Tell me your friends' names again?"

The fact that he's trying to remember details about my life makes me smile internally. "Ashley, Max, Caleb, Austin and Natalie."

"And who's dating who?"

"Max and Ashley only started dating this week. Caleb and Austin have been dating since three months now." I tell him and he nods. "Oh, and Max and Ashley live together."

"That's where you are staying tonight, right?"

I nod, my eyes focused on studying his handsome features. How can someone look so deliciously beautiful? A smirk starts playing on his lips, making me look away. I pick up my phone from the middle console, my attention going to it for the first time in entire day.

There are lots of messages on the group about things that everyone is bringing. I notice a personal text from Ashley telling me to bring beer but I roll my eyes. There's no way I'm asking James to go out of his way to get us beer. We've had a pretty good day and I don't want to do anything to piss him off.

I text Caleb, asking him if he can get it for me and I'll pay him and he immediately sends me a thumbs up in response.

"Everything okay?" James asks and I nod.

"Yup. Did you have a good time today?" I ask because it was just as much about him as me.

"I always enjoy spending my time down there." He says and I try not to feel hurt because I meant it in a way about our first outing together. "I'm glad you were there." He adds, and when I look at him, he gives me a glance before focusing his eyes on the road.

"Likewise."

The rest of the drive goes in silence until James parks his car exactly where he parked it when he came up to pick me up last time. I didn't think he would be getting out of the car but when he unbuckles his seatbelt, I give him a questioning look.

He doesn't say anything before coming to open my door and I step out. He moves to the back door and pulls out my duffle bag before putting on his shoulder and holding my hand before guiding us to Ashley's building.

"What are you doing?" I ask, a little nervous.

"You told me to bid you goodnight at the door." He says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"If you come up, they will easily see you. And might I remind you that you're pretty famous and will be recognised in mere seconds?" I arch an eyebrow as we climb up a few stairs before he opens the door for me to enter the building.

He seems to think over my words as his eyes move forward. "Till elevator then?" He questions and I nod, smiling.

When we reach there, he drops the bag on the floor and I arch an eyebrow as he takes a step closer to me, freeing my hand as his arms move around my waist, making me face him while his body flushes against mine.