CHAPTER 10

Few years later

HANIYA'S POV:

Come on haniya run faster. I kept encouraging myself as I ran through numbers of people.
I stopped in front of the stairs for catching a quick breath. I climbed up the them as fast as I could without falling or making fellow people around me fall. Stations in mumbai can be chaotic. I think chaotic is an under statement.

I hurried climbing the stairs. The train that I'll be taking was in the station. I breadth as I saw I didn't miss it. Just as I say so it began moving. Oh no. I ran to catch it again. It was hard to climb a train which was already pack but this four years of my life made me expert in it.

Soon the crowd decreased as the station passed. I stood beside the door of the train. Unlike foriegn countries they weren't shut, they where open. Just like the city is. Open. Taking in everything. It did to me. When I was first here. Everything was so new to me. It was dam hard to adjust but I did it. The city was welcoming.

My station came by and I hopped out. I have to take an auto to reach my college. I always took a share auto which coast less. Money was never a problem but it is now.

I met some of my college friend. Friend. Who knew the outer me and not the inner me. And friends. They where only two rahila and shabana. They both were friends and I guess I am third wheel in them. But again I barely known them well. I always searched for farha in them but I couldn't, so moved on.

The college day was meh. What can I say about chemical engineering. My friends invited me to join them in canteen but I made another lame excuse. I had thing's to look after.

My part time jobs. I have part time jobs to do. I have to look after bills and rent all alone. And yes I have to buy medicines of abba too. I hope I don't forget. He already missed some of them. Not because I forgot I... i hadn't had money but today is third day of month the salary day. So I must to do buy them today.

I walked in. It's a small local doctor's clinic. So small that you can easily hear if someone shut in the next door. But the doctor is quite famous here. There are rarely days when there is no rush of patience. And reason for that should be the doctor is good or the charges are low. You could never guess it right.

I work as a receptionist. Weird that I have nothing to do with medicine but the doctor is one of my friend Farah's uncle. I needed job anything. And he did.

"Hey." I said to rachel who is a nurse she does both nurse and receptionist until I arrive.
"Hey. Go quickly take your place and appointments are already full so if anyone call you know what to say" she said all I did was smile at her. I took my seat after offering my salah in the cabinet. The place is more crowded by the end of the day.

I am in badly search for some other job which is like gives me more amount. But I don't know when I could. It was 6:30 by the doctor left. He has to go do surgeries to a certain hospital after here.

I didn't go home after that I had to go to my second job as a lecturer in an certain institution. Which is quite famous. Though I wanted to teach for the student who where for entrance level preparation because they where high paid but I settled with college students of graduation.

Luckily they are like thirteen or fifteen people. But it work. These are people from rich family whose kids can't study on their own and still need coaching even when they are so grown up. Rich kids. At a time you where too. I soon dismissed my thoughts. They make me sad really.

After giving half and hours lecture I made my way home. My happy journey via train.

"Assalamu Waalaykumu" I said my hands had many bags. Since I got my wages I bought basic grocery and abba's medicine of course.
"Walaikum Salaam beta." Ammi came and took away the grocery from my hand. I made my way to abba's room to greet him.

"Assalamu Waalaykumu abba." I said to abba who were sitting on single cot. With a glasses on him and a magazine size book and a shall draped over his both legs.
"Walakumus Salaam haniya. How was your beta." He asked me keeping his book aside on the table.
"Usually like. I bought your medicine make sure to take them." I said to him.
"Of course. Your ammi will. She takes care of me too well. Only if things were same. I could have done so much and wouldn't had to suffer all of it alone." He said making my eyes turn glassy.

I took his hands in mine and kissed it.
"Abba. Don't say so. You have already done so much for us. And who said I do all alone. I have you all with me and specially my Allah with me." I said with confidence that I've been putting in my self all these years.

"Haniya. I knew once you met your abba your chitchat starts and never ends up easily. And you." Ammi said looking at abba. "Show some maturity she just now arrived home let her freshen up have food and talk all night." She said.

Me and abba both laughed and I wiped away the tears that just left me eyes. I got up to freshen up.

"Where is danish" I asked ammi. Where is he I haven't seen him since I came.
"He is at his friends house." Ammi said.
"The one which lives in next building." I asked all she did was nodded to me as she placed dinner in front of me.
"Did abba had food." I asked ammi to which she nodded.

Speaking of abba. He has his both legs paralyzed. He can't even do his things on his own. That's why ammi stays here and take care of him and the house. That was not enough she does stitching of other people for more support of the bills.

Things where worse earlier. But time is uncertain. It changed. So did I.

A/N: Salaam reader's. No i wasn't dead. But the reason for no update is people might not know but cyclone hit us. We didn't had much impact but we had our share of suffering.
Network wasn't available and power cut was there. And it all took a while to fix. But I promise I will update.

And what do you think about the chapter. I guess you liked it. If you do then don't forget to vote.

See you guys in the next chapter till then keep reading reader's.

Allah hafiz.

😀😀.

.