CHAPTER 42

A silence filled in the atmosphere, the only thing that the air had in it was the echo of the slap that haniya just received on her right cheeks.

Everyone around stopped for a moment and began to look at the commotion.

Haniya was just left frozen to her place. Her hand automatically went to the cheek which was burning due the touch.  She slowly looked up at the lady. Directly in her eyes.

Before haniya would say or do anything. Rizwan's mother was stomping her way back. It won't be any surprising to know that her breadth has fire flames in them.

All this years rizwan's mother kept him away from the reality. And now when the reality was standing in her front there was no way she would be calm.

But someone was gonna be in big trouble. Poor rizwan.

Haniya collapsed down. It wasn't enough that rizwan was avoiding her. It wasn't enough he had tested her so much. And now his ammi she to did it.
There was no haniya could take any more. She had already lowered herself enough.

Everyday when rizwan used to call her in the office. All the employees would eye her in a mysterious way. And there was rizwan who even confronted her. She was falling deeper and deeper each day in her own eyes. And human wants to live like that.

Quickly leena lowered herself beside haniya. No doubt she was cursing that women.
"Haniya who the hell she was... why did she..." leena quickly stopped as she felt a single drop of tear on her wrist.

Leena quickly rushed to give few more curses to that women.

Haniya suddenly got up. Leena wasn't getting anything. Until she pushed her brain to very extent and concluded the right thing. But by the time she would ask haniya to confirm she was all way across waiting for the lift to show up. She ran behind her.

Leena didn't uttered a single world until the the lift engulfed them completely.

"Haniya was it... rizwan's mother" leena asked softly. Though the both might not have known each other for long. She was concerned for haniya.

Haniya just nodded in her reply. And all could leena do was curse her a little more.

"Wait where are we going." Leena asked as both of them exited the lift. It wasn't there usually floor.

"Not we. It's me who is going." Haniya said as she entered COO's cabin.

"Ms.haniya." rehan said as soon as he saw her in front.
"I want my resignation to approved." She said.
"But..." rehan began but stopped as he saw the crystal in her eyes which had slipped down her cheek.

He took a deep breath before he said.
"Fine. But you don't actually have to resign." He said it made haniya looked up at her quickly. In confusion. She here right now said that she wanted a resignation and he was asking she don't have to.

"I mean... after this week when every one will return back. You can continue as a permanent employee and not an intern." He said. Haniya took her time before she nodded.

Suddenly rehan got up from his seat.
"I don't know what's actually going on between you and rizwan. But be brave. Rizwan isn't as bad as you think he is." Rehan said.

There was no way rehan knew rizwan better then she does. But also the truth was she didn't knew this new rizwan at all.

She took his resignation approved letter. She didn't wanted to stay here even fore a second.

She quickly called farha and asked her to met. She had booked the ticket for india. But the only early flight she could get was tomorrow early in the morning.

Farha supported the decision of haniya and even leena didn't asked her to stay.

Haniya didn't enclosed her arrival to her parents. She wasn't definitely going to lie to them.

On other hand the news  that one of the employee was abused in the office campus had spread like fire in the company.

Eventually this thing had fell on the ears of rizwan as well. He was mad at his ammi. How could she pull such an event out of no where. Even it was haniya she shouldn't have done it no matter what.

He was gonna confront her ammi for this.

He tried to focus on his work for the rest of the day still he couldn't. He kept on thinking about haniya continually.

What she might have felt. How is she doing right now. He even saw the cctv footage of the hall. And it broke him from inside.

No latter or sooner rehan came and gave him the news that haniya had resigned. He didn't said anything. It broke him more. There is no way she would still be here and wouldn't had left.

"Rizwan I know you well enough. It's clearly you too are in love. You must fight for her." Rehan said. To which rizwan just nodded.

Little did rehan knew.

When rizwan finally reached his home at late night. The situation of his house left him astonished. Everything was off place.

A/N: Salaam reader's.
Can you believe if I say I am having an zoom lecture right now and I am here updating. You can't blame me it's physics lecture. 🤭🤭.
Anyway thank's for reading.
Don't forget to vote.
See you guys in the next chapter till then keep reading reader's.
Allah hafiz.
😀😀😀.