CHAPTER 19

HANIYA'S POV:

'Come on haniya. You got these. You are a winner. Don't get nervous. Please Allah don't make me trip. Please.' I said to myself as I stood in front of the building. The very own building in which I am gonna continue working as an intern. I wasn't working alone but two more from my college where too. I just know them because they are amongst the top people with much higher ranking then me. Still can't believe I got this. Allhamdullilah.

I stepped inside the building. Still motivating my self like crazy. The sound of 'ding'of lift made me realized that here I am. My destiny.

Harsh and lisa. The people I talked about studies. They where already present. Waiting on the couch. I saw them even from the distance apart. I smiled as I entered. I know nothing about them really. Apart their name and last exam score.

I asked to the receptionist. I knew I had to sit in the waiting area but still badly wanted to let people know my existence. She asked me to wait till Mr. Rehan the 'boss guy' arrives. He is not exactly the CEO as the office is just the branch and the main office is in Bangalore and not Mumbai. So you can say he is like boss.

I smiled as I took place beside leena.
"Hey" she chipped in. I never talked to her or harsh Really.
"Hey" I said and made my self comfortable.
"You are haniya. Right." She asked.
"Yes. And you are leena." I said to which she nodded. We exchanged our ranks. Though I know her I still asked keeping conversation you know. Oh Allah I am so nervous.

"I have heard they always go hard on interns." Leena said.
"What. Really." I asked. Please tell me you are kidding.
"Yes. I have heard they dump all the useless work on the interns. Like photocopying and all." Leena said.
"Leena you are just scaring me." I said.
She chuckled a little. "I am just saying the truth" she said. Then why did she chuckled.

"Hello I am shikha. Mr. Rehan will soon be here. You can follow me till the room." A girl with complete office code said. This made me realize I really don't look some one going to office. Even leena looked appropriately in her elegant top and jeans. Now I am more nervous. Haniya it's your hardwork and talent that requires here not some clothes clothes. It's not a fashion show or something.

We all walked behind the shikha like child behind her mother. I admire the beauty of the office. Hmm. It's good but I remember that our office in Bangalore was much more better then this. Actually was and is the best. But it's not ours anymore. No haniya not today. See what's in front of you. Keep the past at the past.

"Please be seated here. Mr.rehan would be here soon." Shikha said and left. I and leena sat next to each other while harsh took a seat opposite to us. I have once heard that he is rude. But I never found it any interesting so never really thought about it. Maybe I should have.

"Oh. He is here." Leena said which made me back to reality. My breath became hitched. Again. How do we breath. I took deep very deep breaths. I focused on the table in front of us. I felt leena moving. I too moved and stood up. I followed leena's view to see Mr.rehan. or the blue eyes guy.

Shit. I began to hyperventilate. What if he now fires me. Because I crashed into him.
"Good morning." He said as he sat on his chair. I doubted he would recognize me. I mean two weeks have passed.
"Good morning." Everyone replied except me. Luckily it went unnoticed. Luckily. Allhamdullilah.

Focus haniya. Focus.
"Please. You may seat." He said and we all sat down.
"Three of you are one of the best students of your college. It's not easy to be where you are today. I hope you would continue working hard and don't disappoint us." He said looking at each and everyone. His eyes stayed a little long at me. And when he did I was all frozen. Paralyzed on my place.
"The rest of the things mr.anson will explain it to you. All the best." He said as he left but my gaze followed him till they can.

Mr.anson began to explain to us our work which luckily wasn't photocopying anything. Thank goodness he I mean mr.blue eyes didn't recognized me. It would have been hard and awkward for me then.

I had a desk just beside leena who had it beside harsh. Who got involved easily with other colleges unlike me who was struggling. It was almost lunch time. And unfortunately I forgot how now I'll be missing my salah for this job. Maybe you can when everyone leaves for lunch break. Yes. I examined the space between my desk and the opposite but it wasn't enough. Are here any other muslim who can help me. I wondered.

I quickly went to washroom for my wudu. When I returned back only few people where present there. Which included leena she was waiting for me.
"Hey let's go for lunch." She said but...
"Actually leena I have to offer my salah. I will join you soon. You go ahead." My answer made her sad but nothing comes before Allah and I have to offer my salah.
"Please leena understand. I'll be coming quick. It would hardly take five minutes." I said making my attempts.
"Okay. Fine be quick. I'll be waiting for you." She said and left.

Looking around I spotted a space enough for me. I had my prayer mat with me. Which is foldable thin and easy to carry anywhere. I always have it in my purse. But before I could book the place. Few people stood there. Great now I have to shoot them out.
"Hey. Excuse." I said catching there attention.
"Could you please move away for a while. I have to pray here." I said politely. Being in a country like India people aren't gonna judge you really. Instead of giving me weird looks they understood and moved out. Not even said a single word.

Spreading my mat wide I stood and offered my salah. I don't want to lie by saying that I was comfortable. I was not. Maybe after some time I would. This whole time I felt someones intense graze on me. But I focused on my salah.  I made my dua short. I don't want to miss my lunch also I am super hungry really.

To be continued...

A/N: Salaam reader's. I hope you enjoy the chapter. Don't forget to vote.
IMPORTANT.
TheEmeraldGemAwards. Check this profile. It's an award competition. Still open. It may be your last second chance. So do check it guys.
See you in the next chapter till then keep reading reader's.
Allah hafiz.