CHAPTER 14

HANIYA'S POV:

Haniya woke up with an irritated groan. Which was because she didn't get much sleep. She is been grumpy lately. Maybe that was exam that is making her so or might be today was something special. Soon campus interviews where gonna start. She has to give her best in order to secure herself a job.

With a grumpy mood she climbed down the bed which was too old. She made her way to sink. Looking at the mirror she spotted a pimple right on her left side cheek.
"Great just great." She mumble and she sweez hard on the tooth paste tube making it contain land on her toothbrush top.

Today was sunday of her life but it didn't meant no work for her. But at least she didn't had a dreadful college to attend.
She came in for breakfast where danish was having his breakfast. Just egg and toast. Haniya took the piece of newspaper and began to skim through it. Haniya wasn't big fan of newspaper but the way her mother and danish were eyeing her she knew it's something skeptical.

"Appi" danish started. Which receive a "hmm" from haniya whose eyes never left the newspaper.
"Do you know what date is today" danish asked.
Haniya knew where exactly this is going. Hence she chose her response wisely.
"Aahh. I think it's 12 july" she said in a boaring tone. More like causal. Absolutely nothing tone.

"Ahhaa. 12 July. Why it feels like I... it's something special about the date." Danish said. While haniya was breaking inside about it.
"No danish there's nothing special. Just eat your breakfast. Shouldn't you be going school. Hurry up. You'll be late." She said.

"But appi. Today is sunday and I am sure today is something really special. Like someone's birthday. I..." he said but haniya abruptly got up from her seat and made her way to back to her room.

Danish looking up at her mother found her worried face. Danish wasn't the chubby guy anymore. He lost much of his weight and he was more mature now. Ruksana there mother was worried. She knew what ever that happened made haniya change herself but she knew there was still love for rizwan in her heart which is never gonna change. And it made her more worried if haniya never move on ahead.

"Ammi. I am leaving." Haniya said as she was wearing her shoes on the doorway.
"Haniya. It's too soon." Her ammi inquired.
"Yes. I got a call. They actually need me early there." She lied
"Danish. Danish..." she called only to see danish popping his head out of the hall still sitting on the table but with his books now.
"What do you want when I come home. Chaat or Chinese" she asked him. Two reason she likely blew off him and it's something special. And she should celebrate it.

A smile appeared on danish's face. "Chinese" he said before burying his head back in the books.
"Okay. Ammi Allah hafiz." She yelled before she left.
She went to train station. It wasn't much crowd as it is usually because of being sunday.
She sat on a bench as she was waiting for train to arrive on the platform.

She looked down at her hands which were firmly placed on her lap. Her thoughts began to cloud up. 'It's 12 of July. His birthday. It's all gone. All in past. Yet it hurts to not be with him. I could never say it loud but yes. I miss him. Badly. He never used to cut his cake alone. We always together used blow the candle and cut the cake whether it was his or my birthday. Once when he was upset because he told how he wish his mother would have been here. She would have celebrate his birthday. I promised him. I will always celebrate his birthday. I will always gift him present. And every year unforgettably I did. Just I didn't bought him present I wish I would but I had no guts to. I stopped myself from. Rizwan. Rizwan. Get out off my mind.How hard I try I just cannot forget him. It's just me who remmber all the promise. He broke each and every promise he ever made. He said he love me. Where is it all now. Gone. Dissapeared. Like it never was. He made my life miserable but yet I still love him. And i hate my self for it.'

Haniya climbed in the train as it arrived. She took a seat by the window. As the train began to speed up. The cool  wind began to hit her face making her more drawn into her toughs.
'Never I have I thought. My life would bring me on such a path. Where I am all alone and lonely. Just for sake of one person. He forgot me. His love all gone. Flushed away. Just in few minutes. His choti ammi. Who treated him like his son. Loved him more then her own children went unseen. Just for one person he trashed his whole family aside. All those years we spend like a family. Where all gone. All gone.' The speaker from the voice broke haniya and her trail of thought.

She climbed down the train. She caught a auto and rushed towards the clinic. Her rest day was just the usual. She kept rizwan topic aside and focused on her work which was nothing absolutely nothing. How boaring the work of receptionist could be she thought. She kept on listening to the story of a elderly women who was feed up of her daughter-in-law. She found it interesting just like daily soaps and kept on listening.

Returning home she bought what she promised danish. She used her savings for it. Living in a city like mumbai wasn't easy. All the financial resources the family had was haniya. She work hard to fulfill her family's necessity. And never they complained to what Allah had done.

Haniya slept with happy memories of her and rizwan. She promised herself she'll hang on herself but tomorrow she will be back on hating him again.

A/N:Salaam reader's. I hope you all are fine at your home and safe. Thanks for reading the chapter and don't forget to vote.
See you guys in the next chapter till then keep reading reader's.
Allah hafiz.
😀😀.