CHAPTER 24

"Why leena why." I asked frustrated to leena.
"Oh. Come on. We all did it. And now it's your turn." She said.
Today I have to show up my presentation in front of everyone. Specially mr.rehan. Not like I am scared of him. It's just that I am being nervous. A day before harsh had made a presentation and I swear everyone had a impressed look on there faces.  Even for leena who had her presentation on last Friday.

And today it's me. Why. Why. Me.
"Haniya you are just a little very very very much overreacting." Leena almost yelled at me.
I pushed my half eaten sandwich back. I lost my appetite.
"You ain't helping. Leena." I said.

"Come on cheer up. Don't listen to leena. She is dumb. We all are gonna be in there. Whenever you get nervous just look at us." Tia said.
"Yes. We would be holding colorful  pompoms and doing a cheer dance. Saying 'Go haniya go.'" Leena said rolling her eyes on my behavior. I am being pathetic. But leena made me laugh. Really. Soon the three of started laughing. It feels so rare to laugh whole heartedly. I miss myself laughing like this. And I slowly am forgetting past as my present is being so eventful. Maybe it's a new being.

'Come on haniya. It's not first time. I believe you. You are a champion. Go.' I cheered my self up. Saying bismillah I entered the meeting hall. Sitting beside leena. All the people in hall waited for mr.rehan to come. And I suddenly wish that he doesn't appear. Then maybe it would be delayed.

But no he entered. And I saw him skimming through whole cabinet and stopping a few second extra on me. Which set a weird felling churned with in me.

Soon I began to start the presentation. Every set of eye in the room was on me but one set was making me too nervous. But I gathered myself and focused on my task.

The looks on the faces of my colleagues where too easy to read. But not of  mr.rehan. which made my nervousness twice. His opinions did matter. Soon mr.anson took the lead. After a little while the meeting ended. Mr.rehan where first to leave.

"See. I told you." I looked at leena who was saying this.
"What. Oh about the presentation. Yeah. Sorry for..." I started but leena made me stopped by speaking.
"No. No. No. Not about the presentation. About mr.blue eyes of yours." She said and I gave her a dumb look.
"The way he was looking at you can you believe. He wasn't even focusing on what you where saying." She said and my whole body froze.

"Leena..." was only that came out of my mouth.
"It's like a novel reading in real life the muslim girl and the CEO. You with your good character change the rock heart of the arrogant CEO. And make him change and fall in love with you. And then the girl and his CEO get married and stay happily ever after." She said and I just kept looking at her no doubt she is speaking her fantasy out. But... I can't fall in love.

And then I said what farha said to me many years ago. Today I get her. Today I know.
"You know not every one is that lucky.  Some people have fight for their love. Not only with the world but themselves too. With their ego and priorities." I said aloud.
"Haaahh." Leena said. I looked up to see her crunched face. I smiled at her.

"I don't have my heart. So... I can't give it to anyone. Or take it from anyone." I said.
"What do you mean" she said.
"That's what the heroine says. That means that I am not easy to get. The CEO as to try his level best." I said as I turned back to my merciless screen of my desktop.

The rest of the day went like a blur with me working and going back home. But deep down I was worried about what leena said. I don't want to get into mess. And beside that mr.rehan. He doesn't seem interested in me. But then why this thing is giving me a weird feeling.

And also me falling for love is not possible in millions year's ahead.

Little did haniya knew...

A/N: Salaam reader's. Another chapter here. I hope you like it. As the story is gonna not that long so be ready for climax soon.
Don't forget to vote. Don't be dead and please vote.
See you guys in the next chapter till then keep reading reader's.
Allah hafiz.
😀😀.