*The Hanging Tree (England) {Part 1}

(So I've gotten requests for more England and I heard this song and I knew I had to write this! This is also really long and feelsy!)

Are you, are you

Coming to the tree?

They strung up a man

They say who murdered three.

The London crowd was bustling with excitement. Murmurs were heard, but Arthur didn't care. He needed to save her. She didn't deserve her fate.

Arthur knew that _____ was innocent. She may have dressed like a boy to work, but she wasn't the killer. _____ was a mere witness, she didn't kill anyone! But yet the constables found her at the scene of the crime and didn't do a proper investigation. All  fingers pointed to the girl who was currently dressed as a male.

He had to persuade them.

He just had to!

Strange things did happen here

No stranger would it be

If we met at midnight

In the hanging tree.

"Let me through!" A blonde exclaimed, pushing through the excited crowd. "Please I need to get by! _____!" He called out.

The girl lifted her head up and her (e/c) eyes locked on to Arthur's sad green ones. "Arthur..." She whispered.

Are you, are you

Coming to the tree?

Where dead man called out

For his love to flee.

The (h/c) haired girl looked up at the dark branches of the tree. She then looked back at Arthur with a smile. "Go! Arthur go away run and never turn back!" She yelled as the rope was pulled.

A tear fell from her eyes.

Arthur watched as _____'s legs dangled up from the ground until the summer wind blew her limp body in the breeze.

He was too late.

Strange things did happen here

No stranger would it be

If we met at midnight

In the hanging tree.

It was no later than 12 o'clock, midnight. All the people had just left her corpse there for all to see. A reminder not to kill.

Arthur cried as he fell to his knees, head in hands. "I'm so sorry _____!" He sobbed.

The British boy couldn't stop the tears from flowing, it was impossible.

Especially in a situation like this.

He got up and wiped his eyes. Then Arthur took the girl's lifeless body down off the tree and pulled the noose off her neck.

She didn't look distressed.

_____ was at peace.

Are you, are you

Coming to the tree?

Where I told you to run,

So we'd both be free.

Arthur planted a kiss on her forehead as he walked through the empty fields. He wanted to give her a proper burial.

It was a makeshift grave, but she wouldn't have complained.

"I'll always love you _____!"

He closed his eyes and fell asleep on her grave. He dreamed they were still together.

Strange things did happen here

No stranger would it be

If we met at midnight

In the hanging tree.

"Yes! Yes! Alfred I know! Yeah, I'll be there this year! No...no...I won't miss it!...Okay?...Okay...bye bye now!" You hung up your phone. Being the new country of (c/n), Alfred wanted to introduce you to everyone himself. So he arranged a party in England. Why England, you had no idea.

You walked through the wet streets of London. You always wanted to go, but no you weren't so sure.

Sighing, you kept walking. Sure it was pretty but London just didn't make you feel as happy as you thought it would. You weren't paying attention and accidentally  bumped into someone.

"I-I'm so sorry! My fault!" You stuttered.

"No, it was my fault love, I wasn't paying very good--" The British man looked up at you and nearly dropped his beverage. "_-_____?"

You blushed, surprised that he knew your name. "Y-yeah...Did Alfred already tell you about me?" You asked, slightly confused.

"Uh..ehem...yeah..." He lied. "My name's Arthur Kirkland it's very nice to finally see you-- I mean meet you!"

"Oh well as you already know I'm _____ (last name)! It's very nice to meet you too Arthur Kirkland!" You smiled and shook his hand. "Are you going to Alfred's party too?" You asked.

"Y-yes I am actually, it's at my house for some strange reason. He tends to do that a lot..wanker. Any ways I was just grabbing some tea. Would you like to go with me?" He asked.

You nodded. "Yes, I'd love to!" You said and wrapped your arm around Arthur's.

"I missed you _____...." He mumbled to himself. "I don't know how you're here but I have a second chance and I won't let you slip through my fingers again!"

"Hm?" You asked, looking at the Brit.

"Oh nothing love... Just talking to myself that's all..."

Are you, are you

Coming to the tree?

Where I told you to run,

So we'd both be free.

You both had arrived at the party a few hours ago. Alfred had introduced you to everyone and then left you to 'mingle'.

But you couldn't help but feel strange. They way Arthur looked at you when you first met him. And you could've sworn you saw tears at the corners of his eyes.

But why?

Feliks (Poland) slid you a drink and underneath it was a note. 

"Looks like someone has like a secret admirer~!" He teased.

You rolled your eyes and read the note.

Dear _____, I can't help it. I need to see you alone. Meet me at midnight at the tree down the road. Signed, A.K

Strange things did happen here

No stranger would it be

If we met at midnight

In the hanging tree.