SIX

With an exhausted sigh, Jimin lets himself plop on the couch, "Babies really are no joke. But seeing his small smile was worth it." Jeongguk chuckles at that, nodding in agreement, "That's true."

After changing Chansol's diaper, the two males laid the boy down on the couch. Once Jeongguk had told Jimin that Chansol has smiled one time, the male absolutely wanted to see it too. 

So the two tried to make the baby laugh by making weird sounds or talking to him. They tried everything that came to their mind. If an outsider had seen them, he probably would have thought that the two have gone crazy.

After one hour of trying, Chansol finally flashed a smile, making Jimin laugh happily. Now the boy sleeps and the two men are sitting on the couch, as tired as the baby. 

But Jeongguk is really happy as he has noticed that Chansol is able to control his smile better than yesterday. He knows that it's a big step for a baby when it is able to smile intentionally. 

After working with babies for a few years now, Jeongguk knows that they grow really fast and learn new things nearly every day. Therefore he isn't surprised that smiling works so much better today than yesterday.

"So this isn't the first job you have where you look after a baby?", Jimin asks all of a sudden, looking over to Jeongguk. 

"No, it's my fourth. But the others I had were a bit different than this. Most of the times I was just a babysitter; the parents had to make a business trip, so I cared for the baby until they returned. Those were just part-time jobs because I have also worked at a shop in the city and those babysitter-jobs were something I liked to do and I earned a bit money with it. Unfortunately the shop had to close, so I only had that small job with this spoilt kid at that time. Believe me, this kid was horror. As I saw the offer in the newspaper, it really seemed like a nice job. And I don't regret it a bit. Chansol is an angel." 

Jimin smiles after hearing Jeongguk's explanation, "You know, it's easy to see that you can handle children well." 

"Thank you.", Jeongguk mumbles shyly. "How do you get along with Taehyung.", Jimin questions hesitantly. 

Jeongguk doesn't answer immediately, still trying to find the right words to explain. "Well, we haven't talked much yet.", Jeongguk begins vaguely, "But everything is alright."

Jeongguk doesn't want to mention Taehyung's outburst yesterday. He doesn't want Jimin to get angry at Taehyung and kick his ass for screaming at him. He doesn't want to make problems. 

Furthermore, he knows that he went to far yesterday. It was their first real conversation and he tried to persuade the elder. That wasn't really a smart move. And he doesn't blame Taehyung at all.

"Okay. So he wasn't being rude, was he?" Jimin looks at him suspiciously but Jeongguk just shakes his head reassuringly. Jimin nods, but doesn't look 100% convinced.

"Uhm do you live far from here?" Jeongguk aks suddenly, wanting to change the topic so that the other can't ask further. And it seems to work. Jimin starts to explain that he lives only ten minutes away in an appartment with his boyfriend. 

"Boyfriend?", Jeongguk questions, not sure if he heard that right. "Yeah, is this a problem?" 

"No, god no, I am gay myself, I just didn't know wether I have misunderstood. My brother has a boyfriend too." Jimin sighs relieved, "Thanks god, I was scared that you'd be homophobic.. sorry." Laughing, Jeongguk waves it off, "No problem." 

"It's just really weird you know.", Jimin starts, chuckling, "Most of my friends are gay, even Tae is bi-" He hesitates. "You don't know that from me, okay? I didn't say anything.", Jimin snickers awkwardly. "My lips are sealed.", Jeongguk smiles, making Jimin breath out, relieved. "Thank you." 

"I really am a gossip aunt, like my boyfriend calls me all the time.", Jimin says with a serious expression which causes Jeongguk to crack up. "Gossip aunt? Oh gosh." 

"Yeah, you have to know he can be really straight forward sometimes.", Jimin explains, now also laughing, "He doesn't mean it he's just like this. That kind of person who tells you exactly what he thinks. But he has a big heart and even if he doesn't look like it, he is the biggest softie. But you don't know that from me." 

Jeongguk just smiles at that. It seems like they have a nice relationship. Even if Jeongguk is happy with his life at the moment, there is that part of him that wants to have a partner. Someone who is there for him, someone who cares for him, someone who loves him unconditionnally. 

"Jeongguk? Jeongguk? Hellooooo? Somebody here?" Jimin waves his hand in front of the latter's face who startles from his rigid. "Sorry, I wasn't listening, what did you say?" 

"Yeah, I noticed.", Jimin chuckles, "I said that I should head home, it's getting late."

Jeongguk escorts him to the door giving the other a warm smile. "It was a nice afternoon.", he says. "Yeah I liked it too. You have to visit us sometime. Just text me beforehead, you have my number." Jeongguk nods, "Yes, will do."

"See you!" 

"Bye"

Jeongguk closes the door behind him, still smiling. 

⁘⁘⁘⁘

He closes the door softly behind himself as leaves the baby's bedroom. He had just put Chansol to bed. 

He makes his way down to the kitchen to cook. Jeongguk thought of making spaghetti bolognese today. He starts to make the sauce and cooks the noodles. Not long later the meal is ready and Taehyung comes home, just in time. 

As he walks into the kitchen, Jeongguk greets him with a friendly smile, "Hi, i made us something to eat."

"Hey", Taehyung speaks, giving Jeongguk a short glare before walking over and lifting the lid of the pot and looking inside. He snorts, making Jeongguk furrow his eyebrows in confusion. 

"I don't like spaghetti bolognese. I don't like anything with tomatoes. But thanks for your effort.", Taehyung says, voice void of emotions. 

Jeongguk feels his shoulders sink. He really thought that this meal is one nearly everybody likes - seems like he's guessed completely wrong. Can't he make anything right? Just one time? 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know-", he starts quietly but gets interrupted by Taehyung's now slightly annoyed voice, "Just shut up, will you? It's alright, just don't make the same mistake again. I see that you're at least able to learn from your faults since the little brat isn't here."

With that he stomps out of the kitchen, seemingly angry. "I'm sorry.", Jeongguk whispers, knowing the other couldn't hear him since he's already upstairs. 

The young man looks sadly at the nicely decorated table. He really looked forward to eating with the other so that they could talk a bit but well, it didn't work out as he wanted. And it's all his fault. 

Jeongguk feels the need to tear up, he isn't a person who cries easily but this is are two things which he really hates: making mistakes and being scolded.

Did he really seem like someone who can't do anything right? Why was he like that? He feels the tears brimming in the corner of his eyes. Jeongguk shakes his head, hastily wiping his tears. 

No, he wouldn't cry. He would just make it right next time. Further he knew beforehead that Taehyung surely wouldn't be the nicest to him. He shouldn't let these mean words touch him. Taehyung's hurt.

He takes a shaky breath and sits down, eating his meal on his own.