TWENTY-SEVEN

"What's up with you Tae?" Jimin asks, giving his bestfriend a worried look. "You've done nothing but sitting there and staring at the wall since you're here. I can see that something's up."

Yoongi nods in agreement as he sits down next to his boyfriend and Taehyung. "You can tell us, we'll listen. But it's clear that something's up."

Taehyung takes a deep breath as he pulls his gaze away from the opposite wall and looks at his best friends.

"I kissed Jeongguk." he whispers, almost inaudible. Both Jimin and Yoongi widen their eyes.

"Y-you kissed Jeongguk?" Jimin questions.

Taehyung nods slowly as a tired sigh leaves his mouth. "I don't know- this moment seemed so right to do it. I'm always so comfortable around him so I just.. kissed him."

"But that's good, isn't it? I mean you say you feel comfortable around him. What about him? Did he kiss you back?" Jimin asks, smiling at his friend widely.

"He did." Taehyung nods. "He didn't seem uncomfortable nor seemed it like he disliked it."

"Then what's the problem?" Jimin questions, gaze shifting between Taehyung and Yoongi who hasn't said anything so far.

"I think I like Jeongguk, Jimin. I think I'm in love with him, that's the problem." Taehyung sighs again, burying his face in his hands.

"It's because of Baram, isn't it Tae?" Jimin asks carefully as he scoots closer to his bestfriend in order to rub his back in a soothing manner.

Taehyung only nods, seemingly on the verge of crying. "It feels like I'm betraying her. She's only dead for a few months and what do I do? Fall in love again! It feels so wrong- no it doesn't feel wrong- but it is wrong but arghh I don't know."

"Tae, listen to me." Yoongi starts, his voice soft and comforting. "It's normal that you feel like that but look, there's no rule when you're allowed to fall in love again. There's no one who tells you when it's the right time to love again, to be in another relationship. You can't fall in love too early, Tae. And I know that Baram would want you to be happy. Just because you're in love with someone else doesn't mean that you love her less."

Taehyung slowly looks up at his friend's words, cheeks wet from all his tears.

"Yeah he's right, Tae. Nobody tells you what you have to do. You aren't betraying Baram just because you love again. I bet she's happy for you. Everybody who has lost someone has to decide for themselves when they're ready to love again. And for you, it's now. Jeongguk came around at the right time. And when you feel comfortable around him and you say that you love him then there's nothing that stops you. You have to do what your heart tells you. Life's too short to do otherwise." Jimin adds as he wipes his bestfriend's tears.

"You deserve to be happy, Tae." Yoongi speaks with a reassuring smile on his lips. "Let yourself be happy."

"Don't hold back. Do what your heart tells you. We'll always support you. You're not alone." Jimin says.

Taehyung starts to sob at his friends' words. "What did I do to deserve you? Thank you so much. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Don't thank us, that's what we're here for." Jimin smiles. Yoongi nods in agreement, "You can always come to us."

Taehyung smiles gratefully at his two friends before he pulls them into a group hug. He's so lucky to have friends like them.

"So," Jimin starts as he pulls away, "what are you gonna do now? Confess?"

Taehyung takes a deep breath before he shakes his head. "I don't know."

"Do you love him?" Yoongi questions, causing Taehyung to nod. "Yeah I do, a lot. He feels like home you know. Holding him in my arms feels so right... so perfect like puzzle pieces put together. In the last months he showed what an amazing person he is. I fell for him more and more without even realizing it. He's so caring and loving, you know. He always sees the best in everyone. He didn't give up on me even though I was a total asshole to him. He's wonderful. And he seemed so happy after our kiss. So I really thought that he likes me back."

Yoongi smiles knowingly at his clear answer. "Then what's holding you back?"

"I'm scared. He's only twenty and I am not alone, I have Chansol and if he would be my boyfriend he would automatically become Chansol's second parent. I know he's great with kids but being a dad is a different topic."

"Tae, it's normal to be scared." Jimin reassures him. "But just talk to him. He'll tell you when he's not ready. Though I'm pretty sure that this isn't a problem for him. He loves Chansol so much."

Taehyung nods. Jimin's right Jeongguk loves Chansol that's clear as day. He should confess and try. There's nothing holding him back right?

And if Jeongguk also loves him then they could be a family. A small family, Jeongguk, Chansol and him.

Then Chansol would have both his parents. Jeongguk would be a great father, Taehyung's sure about that.

And he's also sure about his feelings. He loves the younger, so much. He loves his sweet smile, his amazing character, his calming voice. Everything about him.

And he's gonna confess. Definitely.

"Jimin? Yoongi? Could you do me a favor?" Taehyung asks, making his friends look at him questioningly.

"Could you look after Chansol tomorrow evening? I want to confess to Jeongguk."

Jimin breaks out in the biggest grin. "Of course. Just message us and we'll come and get him. I'm so proud of you."

"Yeah, really proud." Yoongi adds.

________________________________________

school has started again for me 💀 i try to update as often as i can but it probably won't be as regular as it is at the moment 🤧
soo i hope you liked the chapter! 😊

and thank you so so much for reading and voting! 💜💜