FOURTY-FIVE

"That's so good, Tae!" Jeongguk exclaims while munching happily on his noodles. Taehyung can only smile as an answer.

The sight is just too cute. Taehyung loves Jeongguk's pout when he eats. He could watch him eat the entire day and the male would never get tired of it.

And seeing how content and happy the younger is makes his heart swell. He's so lost in staring at his boyfriend that he doesn't even notice that the latter is staring back at him with a confused expression.

"You okay?," the younger asks slowly, "Tae?"

Taehyung shakes his head with a smile. "Yeah I'm fine don't worry. Just admiring my handsome boyfriend."

Jeongguk scoffs and rolls his eyes but he can't hide the obvious blush on his cheeks. Sometimes he could slap himself for still getting so easily flustered and shy around the elder.

"Taeeee," he whines like a little child.

The elder just grins teasingly at him, shrugging his shoulders. "There's nothing more stunning than you."

Jeongguk lets go of his chop sticks and cover his face with his hands instead. "What's up with you today?," Taehyung can hear him mumble.

"Am I not allowed to compliment my boyfriend? I'm just happy to have you in my life." Taehyung answers, voice dripping with honesty. "And it kinda makes me happy to see that you still get shy. It shows me that I have some kind of effect on you and it reassures me that you want to be with me as much as I want to be with you."

This causes Jeongguk to put his hands down again and to smile at his boyfriend, clearly touched by his words. "I love you, Taehyung. Don't ever doubt that." Jeongguk reaches over to hold Taehyung's hand.

"Oh," the elder suddenly exclaims, retracting his hand from his boyfriend's. "I have something for you."

He searches in the pocket of his jacket until he pulls out a small box, wrapped in a beautiful golden paper.

Jeongguk takes the present and starts to unwrap it. The younger gasps as he sees what's inside.

It's a beautiful silver necklace with a heart-shaped pendant in which the word "Love" is engraved.

"Open it!" Taehyung urges him, biting his lip in nervousness.

Jeongguk does as he's told and opens the pendant. "Oh Tae," he whispers with teary eyes. He doesn't want to cry but this gift is just so perfect.

It's a picture of Chansol, Taehyung and Jeongguk, all smiling happily into the camera. It's one of the photos they took on the field a few days ago. Taehyung had asked for one of them and Jeongguk hadn't really thought more about it. But now he knows why.

"Thank you, Tae, I love it!." he whispers with a voice that's sounding hoarse because of holding back his tears so hard.

"That makes me glad," Taehyung smiles, relief washes over his face. "Now we're always with you."

"Thank you." the younger whispers again before leaning over the table to kiss his boyfriend. The kiss is short but Jeongguk pours all of his emotions in the kiss. When he can't express everything he wants to say with words then he does it that way.

Actions speak louder than words.

"Can you put it on me?" the younger asks softly. Taehyung nods and gets up immediately to help his boyfriend.

"It looks beautiful on you." he speaks after putting it on, looking at his boyfriend in awe.

Jeongguk grins happily, melting Taehyung's heart in the process.

Just as he wants to get back to his place again, Jeongguk stops him from doing so by tucking at his sleeve.

"Love, what's wrong?" Taehyung follows his boyfriend's gaze and looks outside the window as well, only to see that it had started to rain pretty hard.

But as Jeongguk turns his head back to Taehyung, he hasn't got a frown on his face like the elder expected, no his eyes are literally shining and he's wearing the biggest smile on his lips.

"I have an idea, Tae," the younger says while getting up. "Let's pay!"

Taehyung doesn't even question it, only does as he's told and then he's already being pulled after his boyfriend.

"Darling, slow down a bit." Taehyung advices but Jeongguk doesn't listen. He pulls Taehyung out of the restaurant into the heavy rain, they pass by all the attractions until Jeongguk halts at an empty place where they're surrounded by a few benches and planted trees. Exactly the bench where Taehyung wanted to take a seat earlier.

Both men are dripping wet as they look into each other's eyes. Jeongguk's holding tightly onto his boyfriend's shoulders, just like he would fear to lose him. Taehyung has both of his arms around the younger's slim waist.

"So that's what you wanted to do?" Taehyung breaks the silence between them, raising his voice a bit so that he can be heard over the heavy rain.

Jeongguk smiles cheekily. "Yup. Remember when we went to buy the flowers and then got surprised by the rain?"

Taehyung nods, remembering the day clearly. "We were so drenched in rain. Just like we are now."

"Yes, and you told me that you would always run out when it rained as a kid." Jeongguk continues but is interrupted by his boyfriend's "and you ran out after the rain."

Jeongguk rolls his eyes, "Yes, but that's completely beside the point." He bites his lips as he speaks in a quiet voice. "As I'm a sucker for romantic movies there are these specific scenes. You know, those kisses in the rain."

"And you want to try that out?" Taehyung whispers, already leaning closer. Jeongguk nods and Taehyung immediately closes the gap between them and kisses Jeongguk's lips.

As always, Jeongguk can feel the rush of happiness in his body, making him smile in the kiss. Taehyung softly bites the younger's lips to ask for access that he's happily granted.

Taehyung pulls Jeongguk even closer, clearly not wanting to let go.

They continue to kiss for seconds, minutes, Jeongguk loses track of time. He only knows that he doesn't want to stop.

But nevertheless, they need to pull apart sometime as they both are out of breath.

Jeongguk snuggles his face into the crook of Taehyung's neck, the elder combing through Jeongguk's hair softly.

They stand there for a while, the rain hasn't completely stopped but it got a lot better. But even if it wouldn't have, the two men wouldn't have mind.

They're in each other's embrace, that's the only thing that's important right now. They have each other and they aren't going to let go. Ever.

_________________________________________

hey everyone! i hope everyone's fine!

did you see the teaser today? i really liked it! and i'm sooo excited for BE!!

soo this was the "last" chapter :( buut there will still come an epilogue (probably quite long sksk) and a few bonus chapters (i have the ideas ready already)!

i'm not sure when the next update will be as i have an exam on thursday and i need to study for it. but i try to make time asap!

love you! see you next update! 💜