THIRTY-FOUR

"Shall we go to the park little man?" Jeongguk baby-talks as he lifts Chansol from the blanket on the ground where they just played on together.

Played as in Jeongguk swinging around the yellow rattle that Chansol loves so much at the moment. Everytime Jeongguk shakes the toy, the little boy lets out the cutest giggles.

Chansol abandoned all his other toys (despite of his favourite stuff animal) for the rattle. It's the only thing that he plays with right now, much to Taehyung's dismay.

You could say that Taehyung hates the look of the toy, always saying that it has the most ugly colour and that it's too broken already. It always causes Jeongguk to just laugh and shake his head at the remarks.

Nevertheless Jeongguk has to admit that Taehyung's right. Taehyung had the rattle already as he still was a baby so it's quite old. And Chansol managed to drop the rattle on the ground many times every day, so that it looks a bit... demolished and there are in fact toys that look a lot prettier than the old and broken rattle.

But to the rattle's defense, it can still make the famous-rattle sounds, those that lift Chansol's mood always up. And as they can't throw away the plaything since it's the little boy's everything, the old toy stays until, like Taehyung said: 'It will fall apart into hundred peaces and then we can finally throw this ugly thing away.'

And the next problem is that Chansol has to take his beloved rattle everywhere. So it doesn't surprise Jeongguk that the boy starts to squirm and whine as soon as the male takes him into his arms.

The man sighs. "Of course, your rattle." He bents down again to pick up the small toy. "Look here it is. We'll take it with us okay?"

As soon as Chansol sees that Jeongguk has the rattle in his free hand the boy stops moving and calms down.

"Well then let's go!" Jeongguk speaks to the boy on his arms, placing a kiss in the baby's head.

He steps outside the door and locks it behind himself. With the squealing baby he walks over to the garage and lays Chansol down into the stroller.

A fifteen-minutes-walk later they arrive at the park. Jeongguk really loves this place for it's so calm and nice. Here and there are a few benches and tables to sit down and eat something. In the middle of the park is a little pond with fish inside and dragonflies flying above it.

The young man decides to sit down at one of those tables to feed Chansol before they can go over to the pond to look at the fish as Chansol loves these animals.

After parking the stroller, Jeongguk takes out Chansol - and his rattle of course - and sits down to feed the boy. The baby finishes the milk really quick.

Before Chansol has the chance to get bored, Jeongguk starts to shake the rattle again, gaining the baby's attention in seconds because of it.

"Can I sit down here?" a familiar voice asks suddenly, causing Jeongguk to flinch and stop the shaking of the toy. He looks up in shock, only to get his suspicion confirmed.

"Taehyung?" Jeongguk looks up with wide eyes. He totally hasn't expected to meet his boyfriend here.

Of course, he knows that his company is not far from here and he's also aware of Taehyung spending many of his lunch breaks at a park nearby but Jeongguk didn't expect the park to be this one.

"Suprised to see me?" the elder smiles cheekily. Jeongguk nods at the question. "Oh yeah! But I'm happy to see you. Missed you. And this little one here too."

Taehyung chuckles lovingly before he takes a seat beside the two others. "Missed you too." he whispers, giving Jeongguk a soft kiss.

As they pull apart Taehyung's gaze falls onto the yellow rattle. "Is this thing still not broken?"

Jeongguk laughs. "Yup, I guess you'll have to wait for a bit more." Taehyung lets out a long sigh. "How can he love this old and ugly thing so much?"

Jeongguk grins mockingly as he answers, "Well I can't blame him, I mean I also love old and ugly things." He gives the elder a knowing look.

Taehyung widens his eyes as he realizes what his boyfriend meant. "You- you're a brat you know that? 23 isn't old and besides, your only three years youger. I wanted to share my lunch with you but I guess I just changed my mind."

Jeongguk pouts after hearing the other's words. "You wouldn't do that right?" Taehyung shakes his head with a chuckle before giving some of his food to his boyfriend. After all he knows how much the younger loves eating.

Jeongguk starts to munch happily on his food, leaning his head onto Taehyung's shoulder while doing so. "Do you come home earlier today?" he wants to know, nuzzling further into the warm chest.

Taehyung puts an arm around the younger man's waist. "I try to."

They sit there in silence, just enjoying their moment until Chansol decides it's enough and starts to hit the rattle onto the table loudly.

Jeongguk flinches and Taehyung reaches forward to place one of his hands on the toy to stop Chansol from moving it one more time, glaring at his son. "Young man, if you keep on doing that I can tell you that you won't see this thing ever again."

Chansol looks at his dad with wide eyes. Of course he doesn't really understand what Taehyung just said but he knows that he's done something wrong. Taehyung tries to stay angry but the boy's giving him a hard time with those puppy-eyes.

"Let him have his fun. If he breaks it then it's his own problem. Those who refuse to follow rules shall feel the consequences." Jeongguk prays his boyfriend's hand softly away from the toy and laces their fingers instead.

Chansol who seems to know exactly what everything's about puts the rattle aside again and decides on kicking his feet lightly instead.

"Good boy." Taehyung smiles while placing a kiss on his son's head. He sighs as he throws a glance at his wrist watch before he slowly lifts himself up. "I'd love to stay here longer with you but I have to go back to work. The faster I can finish everything the earlier I can come home to you two."

Jeongguk nods. He doesn't want to show it directly but he's quite sad about it. They're so freshly together so he really starts to miss the other even when they aren't away from each other for long. Love's really a crazy thing.

"Well then, see you later." Jeongguk answers him with a small smile. "Drive safely okay?"

"Always." Taehyung leans down to kiss his boyfriend softly. Then he places a kiss onto his son's forehead before he makes his way back to work. "See you later!"

_________________________________________

i love Chansol so much, this boy is the definition of adorable sskskkkssk