FOUR

"That's the last one. Thanks mom.", Jeongguk speaks after loading out the last bag with his things. 

"Do you need any help carrying them in?" Jeongguk shakes his head. "No, it's alright, mom. I'm sure I can do it myself."

"Well then, it's time to say goodbye I guess" Jeongguk just nods and hugs his mother tightly. "Bye mom, I'll text you and maybe I can visit you and dad with Chansol sometime." 

The woman smiles after hearing that. "Yes, that would be nice. See you, darling!"

She turns around and gets inside her car. Jeongguk waves after her, watching his mother drive away. 

If only they were already inside the house, he thinks, looking at all the bags beside him. Luckily, Dasom comes out of the front door, eager to help the male to carry the luggage inside the house. Jeongguk sends her a grateful smile. 

After only fifteen minutes, his belongings are in the house and Dasom's stuff is in the trunk of her car because she moves back in her house since Jeongguk starts working today. "Do you need any help unpacking?", she offers the young man, wanting to make sure he's alright before leaving. 

"No, thank you, from now on I can do it alone.", Jeongguk reassures her. "Well then, I'm gonna come over in the next time to look how everything's going. And don't forget, you can always call me."

"Yes, thank you.", Jeongguk smiles gratefully. 

With a last smile, Dasom leaves and closes the door behind herself. Now Jeongguk's alone with Chansol and can't help to feel a little nervous. 

The baby is sleeping at the moment which allows Jeongguk to start unpacking his stuff. Soon, his room looks more homey. Jeongguk smiles tiredly to himself as he looks at his now freshly arranged room. 

Afterwards, he goes down to cook dinner for Taehyung and himself. Just as he finished cooking and wants to clean up the pan, Chansol starts crying and Jeongguk hurries upstairs to look after the baby. He takes him out of the crib and carries him around. Chansol's last meal was few hours ago, so the boy is probably hungry.

Jeongguk walks to the kitchen and lays the still slightly crying baby down on the couch. Luckily, the living room is attached to the kitchen what allows him to keep an eye on the little boy and to make his milk at the same time. 

After testing if the milk is neither too hot nor to cold, he takes the baby into his arms again. He walks around, feeding the boy that looks up at him with big, brown eyes as the door is opened by Taehyung. Jeongguk is startled by the sound and looks up which causes him to directly stare into Taehyung's tired eyes. 

"Hey", Jeongguk greets him, giving the other a smile which - like last time - isn't returned by Taehyung. "Hello", Taehyung's face doesn't hold any emotins again and Jeongguks starts to wonder how the elder would look like if he smiled. 

Bet he looks even more handsome.  

Jeongguk shakes his head. Confused by his own weird thoughts, Jeongguk focuses on Taehyung again who is busy getting out of his jacket and shoes - that look by the way really expensive, like literally everything in this villa-like-house.

"I made dinner. I also haven't eaten yet, maybe we could eat together?", Jeongguk suggests cautiously. He wants to get to know Taehyung better since he's living here now. Perhaps they could get along well.

"Sure, but without him.", Taehyung says sternly, referring to Chansol who's still drinking his milk, completely oblivious. "He hasn't finished his milk yet and I'd just feed him the rest and wait until he gets tired and take him to bed. He can stay with us for this short time, can't h-?"

"No!", Taehyung interrupts him, scaring Chansol with his angry scream, "He can't stay with us. I don't want to see him, hear him or have him around. I want nothing, NOTHING, to do with him, got it? And I really think that you're not in the place to interfere in my business. I don't want him to be here and this won't change because you are here. You work for me, you are here to take care of him and the house and not to mess up my life or trying to play the hero and help me!" 

Taehyung breathes heavily, chest rising up and down. "Thank you for making the food but I guess I'm not hungry anymore. He ruined my appetite.", Taehyung adds and after sparing Chansol one last glare, he storms the stairs up, slamming the door shut behind him. 

Too shocked to say anything, Jeongguk looks at the spot where Taehyung stood, just a few seconds ago. He holds Chansol close to his body, the boy still squirming because of Taehyung's loud yells. 

Jeongguks starts humming a melody for the baby in order to calm him down which seems to work as Chansol gets calmer from second to second. Jeongguk is able to feed him the rest of the bottle now. 

He feels pity for the poor boy who looks at him with big brown eyes, having one of his small hands wrapped around Jeongguk's finger. He's so innocent, too innocent for the world he is living in. Jeongguk just wants to protect him with everything he has. 

The young man is still a little shocked about Taehyung's outburst. Dasom said that her son doesn't even look at Chansol but he never thought that it would be that bad. Though Jeongguk didn't even say much, Taehyung got angry. Really angry. 

Jeongguks swears to himself to be more cautious with him from now on. He'll never try to persuade the elder into doing something, now knowing what will happen if he does. 

Chansol has finally finished his milk and seems to be content now. Jeongguk places the milk bottle on the kitchen counter and takes the boy upstairs to change his diapers. A few minutes later the boy's already tucked in his crib, looking at the stars which are hanging on the ceiling of his room. 

Chansol has his pacifier in his mouth, once again holding one of Jeongguk's finger with his tiny hand. The male gets sad, seeing this action. 

The little boy just needs affection and physical contact. And love. Lots of love. And Jeongguk is willing to give it to him.

Chansol has lost his mother and in some way his dad too. Jeongguk feels so sorry for him. And  now the male is even more sure that he will do everything to bring Chansol and his dad together. 

As Jeongguk is sure that the baby's sleeping, he quietly leaves the room closing the door behind himself. He walks downstairs into the kitchen where he starts to put the meal in boxes so that they can eat it tomorrow since he also hasn't a big appetite anymore. 

He places the boxes in the fridge and then finishes to clean the pan as he stopped doing it because of Chansol's crying earlier. 

Ten minutes later and completely tired from this day, he falls into his bed, drifting of in a peaceful slumber.